24jedi
Help installing templates
  • 2004/10/21 20:59

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding how to install a template.

1. I have cloned the default template with no trouble. However, when I ftp'd into the theme directory, it is not listed.

2. I do see two other themes...phpkaox and x2t. Why aren't these listed in the template set manager ?

3. One more question. The template set manager states to upload a template it needs to be tar.gz/.tar .The only templates I have seen to download are in a .zip file.

I have unzipped a downloaded template...Then upladed it to my website in a new folder under the themes directory. Now, how do I get it to work from XOOPS ?

Thanks
Don

ackbarr
Re:Help installing templates

templates != themes

Though they serve similar purposes, they control the rendering of two seperate aspects of your XOOPS sites. Themes control the rendering of the site-wide header, footer, and placeholders for each block. Templates control the rendering of a module's content, be it the content displayed in a block, or content that is displayed in the center of your site (like a forum thread, or a news article). Hopefully the following wiki document will help explain the difference:

http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=ThemesVsTemplates

24jedi
  • 2004/10/22 12:35

• 24jedi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

Thanks

I guess I need to spend more time reading.

tjnemez
  • 2004/10/22 12:54

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

infiniteg_it
Re: Help installing templates

RobinH
  • 2005/9/25 16:56

• RobinH

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/23

I don't see that anyone's answered his questions other than directing him to go read something else. I've got 5 different CMS systems running on non-production server environments to find the "right one" and my question mirrors 24jedi's:
If I want to add a new 'theme' to my XOOPS board, doesn't that occur through 'Template Set Manager'?

I can't find anything else that directs me on where to load 'themes'. If that's true, that the theme's have to be loaded through the Template Set Manager, then why is your Theme's library all in *.zip format when your Template Set Manager requires them to be in tar.gz/.tar format?

This would be easier if the instruction set was clearer on how to install a new theme. I would think that the Theme's would be completely separate from Templates, just based on the responses I've seen here.

m0nty
  • 2005/9/25 17:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ackbar answered that question above.

themes are themes, templates are templates..

so no, u don't upload themes with template manager, you upload templates with it. it's in the FAQ section.

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/category.php?categoryid=17

shelizard
  • 2006/2/24 3:57

• shelizard

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/18

So the question still remains how do you upload a THEME??? Or activate it... I have it on my ftp yet it does not show anywhere to choose it.

m0nty
  • 2006/2/24 5:57

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

admin > system > preferences > select default theme etc..

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits