astonstreet
New Theme

Hi I submitted a theme for download earlier today but it threw some error when I submitted and arent sure if it worked or not.
Anyways... theme can be seen at my site, dont know if anyone will like it, but here is link http://astonstreet.com

ackbarr
Re:New Theme

I like it - the logo is a little more plain that I go for, but the theme itself is clean. Another plus is the theme validates as XHTML 1.0.

One minor problem. The theme calls for a stylesheet that doesn't exist in the site, generating a 404 error for each page request. The line causing the problem is:

<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

If you remove this line, everything works great.

Also I just checked the theme submissions, there was not one waiting to be approved, so re-submit, but don't try to upload a screenshot.

astonstreet

ahhhh thanks for pointing that out ackbar... that line was only there for design purposes and I forgot to remove, will do so now.

Stewdio
  • 2004/10/19 15:52

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Nice and clean, good job

astonstreet

Thanx Stew :) ... I changed theme a little, went to lighter background and a shadow.. I think it looks better this way.

I notice its still not listed in downloads? I added again yesterday, curious to know if it worked this time.

tjnemez
  • 2004/10/21 1:27

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

very clean, i really like it. i also like your logo for its simplicity as well. in any case, you will likey change it many times

tjnemez
  • 2004/10/21 1:37

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

this is just me but your validators take your visitors away from your site unless they use back button; i always add the target="_blank" to any external links.

astonstreet

Thanx for comment Terry, I like your work btw... and thanx for pointing that out about the validators, I will go do that now.

tjnemez
  • 2004/10/21 2:30

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

i am curious having posted the above; is there a good reason for leaving your visitors the option to use back button? any thoughts on this?

brash
  • 2004/10/21 2:39

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

man, I love it! It's lean (only 25 http requests), great use of color, and very clean with a simple layout which I often think is best (especially for fixed width themes) as otherwise sites can tend to look a little too busy. And to top it off the theme has W3C valid XHTML and CSS. Great job!!

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits