navanywhere
Loving Xoops and Learning the Setup

Hello. I just setup my XOOPS website. I would like to add two secondary members to the website. Each of these members needs to be given access to publish their own content separate from my content. They are not administrators of the website but I want to give them administrative rights to edit their own content that behave like separate websites within the main website and to access modules that will not be seen by the anonymous users. I also want these members to have modules that are separate from the modules that I use and each other. I need to share modules with these members but customize each module differently for each of these members.

I want connect parts, sections and areas of different block area throughout the website. My goal is to have all members share the same main navigation modules like the main page and forum area and yet have different or customized navigation modules in each of their separate respective sections. Is it possible to link module content like send some of the forums posted threads to the news section on the main home page?

I hope that I'm making sense here thanks for your help.

wizanda
Re: Loving Xoops and Learning the Setup
  • 2004/10/9 11:34

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Sounds like you need WF-sections for an artical's module

as people can submit there own articals and you can specifiy who has access

Then with what you are saing about only having certain access for cetain members

couldnt you just make diffrent groups and set the access as required

you could also use multimenu which you can set which groups can view the links in the menus

navanywhere

I am new to XOOPS and CMS systems so I was not quite sure if the groups function would allow me to do this. I will try to work it out with groups. What is "multimenu"?

ackbarr

multimenu is a module that was designed as a more flexible version of the main menu block provided by xoops.

News article announcing latest version:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1730

solo71
  • 2004/10/9 17:38

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

In addition to the latest multiMenu version in my section, you could also read How to manage groups...

solo71

• solo71

• Module Developer

I hate firewall !

solo71

• solo71

• Module Developer

Delet this post, please...

navanywhere

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
multimenu is a module that was designed as a more flexible version of the main menu block provided by xoops.

News article announcing latest version:

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1730

I will go hook this up and check it out. Thanks for the tip folks.

Draven
  • 2004/10/9 17:45

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Quote:

navanywhere wrote:
Hello. I just setup my XOOPS website. I would like to add two secondary members to the website. Each of these members needs to be given access to publish their own content separate from my content. They are not administrators of the website but I want to give them administrative rights to edit their own content that behave like separate websites within the main website and to access modules that will not be seen by the anonymous users. I also want these members to have modules that are separate from the modules that I use and each other. I need to share modules with these members but customize each module differently for each of these members.

What you are looking for is what is referred to in the CMS community as WorkFlow Managament. Currently, XOOPS does not have true workflow management built in (however it is on the todo list). You can emulate workflow management to some degree using the groups system and some modules such as WF-sections allow you to assign tasks to certain groups. Unfortunately there's no system in place for doing this on a per user basis.

navanywhere

Quote:

Draven wrote:
[quote]

What you are looking for is what is referred to in the CMS community as WorkFlow Managament. Currently, XOOPS does not have true workflow management built in (however it is on the todo list). You can emulate workflow management to some degree using the groups system and some modules such as WF-sections allow you to assign tasks to certain groups. Unfortunately there's no system in place for doing this on a per user basis.

Can I rename a module to another name and have the database see that as a new module? If this is possible then I can let the members share the modules feature with seperate names for the modules and seperate access rights to the modules?

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits