michieltokyo
NO space

I try to make the block names and module names longer and have no idea how to do this.

At the moment I think for blocks and modules max characters is 150, how can I increase this number and where? In stead of for example "main menu" I like to type a 300 letter description for that block.. at the moment this is impossible..

Please someone help me (if you wonder why I want that much characters ... its for multi lingual tags)

Skythe
Re: NO space
  • 2004/10/11 18:58

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

As you said I think this is not possible right now. The only way I can think of would be to add the block directly in your theme.html then you'd have like virtually no max length.

Not a real solution though, I know...

ackbarr

To accomplish this you would need to:

1. Alter the <prefix>_newblocks table, increasing the size of the 'title' column. I believe VARCHAR DB fields are limited to 255 characters.

2. Modify /kernel/block.php
change this line:
$this->initVar('title'XOBJ_DTYPE_TXTBOXnullfalse150);

Replace the '150' with the new size of your field.

Then you would have to do the same thing with the <prefix>_modules, this time with the 'name' field

The file to modify for modules is /kernel/module.php

$this->initVar('name'XOBJ_DTYPE_TXTBOXnullfalse150);

traysee
  • 2005/2/5 23:53

• traysee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/5 1

I am trying to copy HTML content into a block...but it cuts off the HTML code about 3/4 of the way. How can I increase the amount of HTML code I can put into a block?

Currently - I'm copying/pasting the HTML content into a MyPage.php file...but it looks much better when I use the block feature....

Unless someone out there has created a module that will let me import/link Excel spreadsheets (rather large ones) into a module. I'll need the ability to update the spreadsheets atleast 2x per week.

Traysee

Login

Who's Online

115 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 115

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits