libervis
Quick question: How to remove "module not found"?
  • 2004/9/27 1:32

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

It probably left there as some kind of a residue because i haven't properly removed the module i tested so now in modules admin area i have among installed modules a "module not found" entry for which i'm not sure how to remove it.

Indeed, the module is missing because it's suppoed to be missing, i want that "module not found" warnings to disappear.

Thank you
Daniel

Dave_L
Re: Quick question: How to remove "module not found"?
  • 2004/9/27 1:36

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

How did you remove the module? Did you uninstall it from the module administration page?

libervis
  • 2004/9/27 1:44

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

I must say i'm not sure of which module is this a "residue" since i've uninstalled several.

However, i did uninstall them all from the admin area, but it's possible that i accidentally removed the files before i did uninstallation or something...
I admit, i wasn't careful enough, and it's not like this is some vital problem, only annoying..

It's probably left in some file still looking for it while it shouldn't, and so it reports it missing.
I'm wondering what that file is and how can i remove it.

Thank you
Daniel

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/27 1:44

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Hey Libervis!

Sounds like an unclean uninstall

You will need to go into your dadabase and delete the residual entries - regarding your issue, especially the ones in PREFIX_modules {list of modules installed}. (if you need more advice, let me know)

Check if your template manager still works.

I've had your issue multiple times. As I like to get down and dirty, when I start using a system.

It can turn out to be quite a pain, but nothing unsolveable.

Just a tip: have a second installation for testing purposes. This way, you wont have all those headackes regarding you Online System.

Regards
JasonMR

PS: Used the contact form again on your site yesterday, to send you a message. Did it work? As last time it didn't seem to have!

libervis
  • 2004/9/27 2:06

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

I went to phpmyadmin and found mydownload entry's and that's one of the module i recently uninstalled, but it still left there.. I'd say i should remove those to get it fixed, right?

I actually have the idea of setting up a local XOOPS site on my new linux installation for some time, but i never got around to it yet. Not only it would help for testing and avoiding problems, but would be a very cool learning experience (having my own home server)

For contact us form, i must be a freekin' "bad" webmaster as i simply forgot about the issue last time you tried, now i remember and i gotta slove that because no my friend, i havent' got any e-mails from contact us form.. What a hell is wrong with that now??

And i better fix it fast, i wonder what is it you wrote me..maybe a blogger submission..??

Thank you very much Jason
Daniel

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/27 2:14

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Yes, you will have to remove all entries and tables. Which can take you quite a while.

You also need to delete the templates of the modules (as having them still in the DB will shoot your template manager).

I agree, having a home-web-server is a cool-geeky thingy

libervis
  • 2004/9/27 2:39

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

It was rather quickly since inever used mydownloads module and it was only few tables that i dropped.
I also removed templates from templates_c directory from public_html XOOPS root dir.. But still, it's showing that "Module file for not found" in my modules admin.

You mentioned templates in DB, where are they? I am afraid to touch anything that doesn't bluntly says "mydownloads".

And what can possibly cause "contact us" form to not work, i reuploaded it and sent a message to myself, but i'm still not recieveing anything.

Thanks
Daniel

libervis
  • 2004/9/27 2:50

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Hey Jason, it seems like this contact us problem is solved as it actually wasn't "contact us" problem.

My cpanel e-mail forwarder actually EATS my e-mail instead of redirecting it to my other e-mail for my convience. It actually have eaten some e-mails before it would seem..

Or maybe it's about my other free e-mail account that is malfunctioning, anyhow, i'll use only my own domains e-mail for these "officiall" stuff from now on.

Feel free to resend your "contact us" message if you wish, i should recieve it this time.

And the question about those DB template entries is still valid

Thank you very much
Daniel

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/27 3:01

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

Hey Daniel!

Well, I had only sent a contact form message via your site, to give you another test, to see if changes implemented (as I assumed you had done to) functioned. I had only congratulated you once more on your work, regarding the design improvements to http://www.libervis.com. I had forgoten to set notification, when commenting, and had only recently noticed, that you had taken up on my idea with the favicon, and actually used my quick fix Glad you liked it.

Regarding templates stored in the DB. There are three tables for templates:
- PREFIX_tplfile
- PREFIX_tplset
- PREFIX_tplsource

tplset
stores what template sets are installed

tplfile
This one will help you in finding, which records to delete from tplsource, which stores the templates.

And have you gone into PREFIX_modules to delete the entries for the modules uninstalled by hand?

Regards
JasonMR

libervis
  • 2004/9/27 3:28

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Hey Daniel!

Well, I had only sent a contact form message via your site, to give you another test, to see if changes implemented (as I assumed you had done to) functioned. I had only congratulated you once more on your work, regarding the design improvements to http://www.libervis.com. I had forgoten to set notification, when commenting, and had only recently noticed, that you had taken up on my idea with the favicon, and actually used my quick fix Glad you liked it.

Thank you. I'm glad you like the design..
Yeah, i used it since i agreed that previous one was just too small. I wanted the full logo, but it just wouldn't fit right, so your quick fix was the solution since it's actually the central part of the logo. It's a freedom symbol made by Catherine Phelps that she published for free use to promote freedom, and since our site is about freedom software/open source and creating a community around it, and the name libervis is latin for "most free" than it fits to be a great part of libervis logo.

Quote:
Regarding templates stored in the DB. There are three tables for templates:
- PREFIX_tplfile
- PREFIX_tplset
- PREFIX_tplsource

tplset
stores what template sets are installed

tplfile
This one will help you in finding, which records to delete from tplsource, which stores the templates.

And have you gone into PREFIX_modules to delete the entries for the modules uninstalled by hand?

My PREFIX is xoops, so it goes like xoops_this or xoops_that.
I looked into xoops_tplfile, xoops_tplset and xoops_tplsource to find any traces of mydownload but there's none. I also looked at xoops_modules as you sugested but it's clear also.. Maybe it's not about DB, maybe it's in some file or something..
Anyway, i should go to sleep now since it's almost morning here.

I'll continue with this tomorrow.
Thank you for your help

Daniel

Login

Who's Online

430 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 430

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits