ladysham
HELP! My hosting company upgraded the server last night....
  • 2004/9/23 3:38

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

and one of my XOOPS websites has gone missing. I am getting this error message when I try to access the site.

XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.

Since support probably won't get back to me until the morning, I wondered if anyone here could shed some light on this error message! Thanks in advance!

Kelly Ling

Herko
Re: HELP! My hosting company upgraded the server last night....
  • 2004/9/23 6:44

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The error message means that your host changed the absolute path to your site on their server. Many have as the real physical path something like /sites/site123/usr/www/ or something similar, but they hotlink the site123 to http://www.yourname.com, making the path for you /sites/www.yourname.com/usr/www/. If they change site123 to siteabc, and change the hotlink accordingly, you won't notice the change (normally), but XOOPS has a built-in security check that looks for the real path the site is in.

The solution is this: ask your hosting company for the *real* physical path, without any hotlinked directories. Then your XOOPS site will work again

Herko

Mithrandir

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
The solution is this: ask your hosting company for the *real* physical path, without any hotlinked directories. Then your XOOPS site will work again

Just adding that you of course need to update the mainfile.php contents to reflect the changes in the real, physical path on the server.

ladysham
  • 2004/9/23 10:52

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Thanks, Herko. That is what I first suspected. When I run perldiver.cgi, however, to determine the absolute path, it still shows the same thing. I'll check with them anyways and see if that path is hidden from me. Thanks!

Kelly Ling

ladysham
  • 2004/9/23 12:19

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

OK - Just got word that the upgrade could have changed some of the file permissions. Does anyone have a list of the main XOOPS files and what their permissions should be set to? Thanks!

Kelly Ling

Herko
  • 2004/9/23 12:46

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

mainfile.php: 444, folders cache/ uploads/ and templates_c/ 777, all the files in those folders 666. That's all. The rest is 644.

Herko

jlm69
  • 2004/9/23 13:47

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I have all the files in templates_c set to 644 and I don't have any problems. Thought I'd pass that along.

ladysham
  • 2004/9/28 4:32

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Herko - Thanks so much for the assistance on this. It turns out that my host had a mirror "path" and it didn't show up until the upgrades. LOL

So, instead of /home for the path, it was /home2. Easy fix and we're cooking again.

Thanks again!

Kelly Ling

Herko
  • 2004/9/28 7:31

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

You're welcome

Herko

Login

Who's Online

432 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 432

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits