Docker
Multiple XOOPS installs with 1 MySql DB?
  • 2004/9/17 22:06

• Docker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

I want to install another XOOPS site to use as a test site. My host only provides me 1 MySql db. Currenly I am using only 2.5 MB of 100 MB capacity in the db. The tables are all prefaced XOOPS_ . MySQL v4.0.20, and PHP v4.3.8.

Are there any issues or problems installing a 2nd (or even more) XOOPS site with the same MySql db?

Thanks!

JasonMR
Re: Multiple XOOPS installs with 1 MySql DB?
  • 2004/9/17 22:14

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I can't see any issues, as you only want to install a test site parallel. Search the forums for more answers, you are not the first to post this question.

What you need to do though, when installing your test system, is to ensure that the second XOOPS installation uses a different prefix for the database tables, that is all! You can set this during installation time (I believe it is the second page during install proecedure).

Hope this helps.

Docker
  • 2004/9/17 22:18

• Docker

• Just popping in

J - Thanks! I figured it had been discussed before, and should be straight forward, but wanted to get the input of some others who have been doing this a lot longer than I have. I'm still a little timid on doing new things. I'll do some more digging before I jump in.

If you can think of anything else, please let me know.

JasonMR
  • 2004/9/17 22:29

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

You seem to be willing to test and try, and collect as much knowledge on your way as possible. I love that kind of attitude

Here's an idea. If you google for free hosting MySQL php, you get thishttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=free+mysql+php+hosting&btnG=Search

Goto one of those sites and sign up. Then try it in your sandbox, what you want to do on your life system.

Besides, this might eradicate your whole need of installing a second XOOPS install, but try it anyhow. It will be worth the experience.

Docker
  • 2004/9/17 23:15

• Docker

• Just popping in

Rock-n-Roll...I'm there...

Appreciate your help!!!

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits