wtravel
new Amazon module - features

Hi everyone,

This week I started working on a new standalone php (almost for free) script for an Amazon shop using mysql.

I would also like to make a customized script for XOOPS and perhaps other CMS packages. These should have extra functionality regarding user participation (reviews, ratings etc.).

The standalone script will initially only be editable by the administrator.

So far I have the following list of features for visitors:
* Showing all products from the Amazon database using AWS.
* Easy navigation using sections and categories.
* Search option.
* Possibility to add a product to your Amazon shopping cart.

For administrators:
* Management of sections and categories.
* Edit layout, background colors etc. through admin panel.
* Edit configuration settings.
* Option to choose a language for navigation.
* Edit welcome text in admin panel
* Add a review or comment to a product.

Overall:
* Caching of page results.
* Mod_Rewrite for search engine friendly pages.
* High security level.

I would like to know which features you would like to see added to a customized script for usage in xoops. For example I am thinking of adding a 'my favorite products' section and the possibility for registered users to add a review or comment.

Please let me know as programming will be starting within a week.

Regards,

Martijn

JasonMR
Re: new Amazon module - features
  • 2004/9/19 2:11

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Maybe the ability to create your own online affiliate book shop, that might be dedicated to a certain topic, or even try to push a certain set of books.

You also want a special review block, that allows XOOPS Admin to combine existing online reviews, with reviews from XOOPS site users, combined with a rating system.

And for the future you might want to keep in mind the option, allowing admins to change the used web service (e.g. switch from amazon backend to b&n).

Further, offer the admin the option, to assign users rights to books individually (as you are offered in XOOPS Gallery).

Just my ideas.

Great project! All the best for its succeeding!

wtravel

I expect to have the first version ready in about 3 weeks. This will be the standard version, of which at the same time I will also make a customized version for Xoops.

I would like to distribute the XOOPS test version among a limited number of users for testing purposes. Please let me know who is interested.

Best wishes,

Martijn

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/26 14:06

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I'm always interested in testing new modules...let me know when you are ready...

script_fu

I would also be interested in testing this module.

Talis
  • 2004/11/26 14:27

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

I'd also like to assist in testing this.

The only problem i've run into with the existing module I'm running now is if someone orders from an Amazon affiliate (like Europe or something) and there's no way for me to get the commision from those sales.

wtravel

Talis,

I checked the links on your site and from a quick view the links themselves look fine to me, slightly different from what you will find in my script.

It will be interesting to see if with my script you will get the commission or not.

Martijn

wtravel

The first module of AMZStore is available for testing at:
http://www.worldtravelsite.com/amzstore.rar

For those who would like to test and did not yeat receive a registration code, PM me or send me an e-mail (info at worldtravelsite dot com) to get a registration code. In your message please state the domain you will be using for testing purposes.

After uploading the files, make sure the categories block is made available to the desired user groups in the module amzstore, as well as making the module available to these groups.

If you like you can save space by getting rid of all the irrelevant files in the ioncube folder. Make sure you keep the ioncube_loader version you require for your server in that folder. Also keep the php files in that folder.

A new site with support forum specifically for Amazon scripts will be opening later. Untill then, please send any comments and request for features/changes to the e-mail address stated above.

Best regards and good luck testing,

Martijn

wtravel

You can find a demo of the module on:

http://demo.efqconsultancy.com

[edited] BTW AmazonScripts.com is where you should normally be able to find updates on this, but right now there seems to be some problem with the DNS update

Best wishes for 2005.

Martijn

wtravel
Amazon module - new test release

A new test release it available for download. I corrected a few bugs (among which categories not showing correctly) and added a search block and search pages

You can download the new test version from:http://demo.efqconsultancy.com in the download section.

Tip: There are a lot of files in the ioncube folder. You can get rid of the ones not supporting your operation system. If you use linux, you just keep the files containing "lin" in the filename, as well as the php files and the text files. It will save you at least 3 MB.

Best wishes,

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits