jarvis
I NEED HELP!!!!
  • 2004/9/11 15:32

• jarvis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/14

Please help me!

my website was XOOPS community was working fine last night but now I get an error when I log in!

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C:\sh-www\brightonized.net\bh\html\modules\news\index.php on line 69

user: test
password: test

http://www.buffhair.co.uk

DonXoop
Re: I NEED HELP!!!!

This is typically a problem with the physical path being wrong or a search path or basedir() problem.

Assuming that nothing was changed or hacked on your site I'd guess that the server's PHP was changed from CGI to Module or the other way. This can change how the physical path is seen on a virtual hosting system.

FYI, if you call any file in the root directly it seems to work but anything deeper like /modules/xxx doesn't. You should double check mainfile.php. you can login by calling /user.php and get into admin with /admin.php

Mithrandir

typically?

I'd say it was messed up code in some way or another, as the error is about a method called on an object, which does not exist. Of course, the object may not exist because necessary class files could not be included due to an error in the mainfile.php - but then there would be other errors as well, stating that.

Which News module version do you have?

DonXoop

FYI, calling any of his modules gives similar errors depending on what is being included(). It isn't a News specific problem. Calling anything off the root gives errors. Anything in the root is fine.

He also tells me that FTP isn't working right either so is difficult to fix anything. But there is always a way....

Mithrandir

OK, seems you are right (after a bit more testing)

Just weird that there are no errors about XOOPS_ROOT_PATH or similar.

jarvis
  • 2004/9/12 15:44

• jarvis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/14

Thanks for all your help, I contacted my host and now my site works! YAY!

just FTP problems now, it says HOST FOUND but just can't connect, can anyone help?!

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits