peterr
"Coming Events" module ??
  • 2004/9/7 1:08

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

Can someone please recomend a module that can be used for 'coming events' ?

I have found 3 so far:

* eXtcal V1
* Agenda-X 2.1.1
* PiCal

Thanks,

Peter

dheltzel
Re: "Coming Events" module ??
  • 2004/9/7 1:44

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

I use Agenda-X 2.2.0 for event blocks on my sites. It has a number of enhancements over 2.1.x and the Event blocks are more flexible than the other 2 modules.

If you try 2.2.0 and have any suggestions for further enhancements, please PM me and I'll see what I can do. I've been helping wjue with the Agenda-X development, mostly in the event blocks.

Dennis

peterr
  • 2004/9/8 12:33

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Thanks Dennis, do you know if there are any websites I can visit to see the module in action please.

Peter

DobePhat
  • 2004/9/8 12:44

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

hi peterr we use pical right now (though agendax is great too) on our site (see profile)

There are several blocks including upcoming, recent, next 7 days, etc. we only have one such block "a todays event " block you can see on our main page.

One of the reasons We chose pical was because of the amount of different blocks you can have. Although the admin side of it has quite a learning curve.

I hear good things about the simplicity of: eXtcal V1. in that regard though.

peterr
  • 2004/9/9 10:45

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Quote:

DobePhat wrote:
hi peterr we use pical right now (though agendax is great too) on our site (see profile)

There are several blocks including upcoming, recent, next 7 days, etc. we only have one such block "a todays event " block you can see on our main page.

Looks like a handy module, and I was able to see a whole months events at a glance and zoom in on a particular day. ... nice.

Possibly we might trial pical and eXtcal.

Thanks,

Peter

dheltzel
  • 2004/9/9 13:59

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Quote:

peterr wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Dennis, do you know if there are any websites I can visit to see the module in action please.

Peter

This is a site I maintain and it usually features my latest stable code, since I'm writing my Agenda-X mods specifically for this site.

Agenda-X example

This site uses 3 blocks from Agenda-X:

1) Center top (Next DCAS Meeting) - show the next event in category "DCAS" with all the details

2) Right top (2004-2005 Meetings) - all the events in category "DCAS" for the next 365 days

3) Right bottom (Other local events) - all events not in the categeory "DCAS" for the next X days

The idea here is to feature the next event in a certain category, but supply links to all events of interest in the area.

Most of the mods I've done to Agenda-X are to support this site (and several similar sites that I also maintain). I used to manually put the "featured" event in the main page each month, then replace it the next. That was a huge pain and I was often behind (ever notice that when the site is out of date is the only time you get feed back from the users?).

Dennis

DonXoop

Quote:

This is a site I maintain and it usually features my latest stable code, since I'm writing my Agenda-X mods specifically for this site.

Excellent! Care to share your mods with us? I assume you made some block clones with mods. Could be useful to me too now that I think of it.

peterr
  • 2004/9/21 2:01

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi Dennis,

Quote:

dheltzel wrote:

Agenda-X example

Thanks for the link to your site, and the examples of where Agenda-X is used, much appreciated.

I notice you also had a link to PiCal ("Events" in top menu bar), but I got a 404, no doubt you prefer Agenda-X.

Thanks,

Peter

thedocks
  • 2004/9/21 10:21

• thedocks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 7

Quote:

peterr wrote:
Hi,

Peter

You can check out my web site What's on in Preston I use the latest version of AgendaX

You will see on the first page "Week ahead" and a mini cal on the right hand side.

You can also check out the Main Menu link "What's on Calendar"

If you register on the site, you will get to see the full functionality of AgendaX

Thanks
Simon
What's on in Preston
http://www.prestondocks.net

peterr
  • 2004/9/22 4:25

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Thanks Simon, that looks interesting, I'll try it out.

Peter

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits