kongdaniel
HELP!! Everything is blank.
  • 2004/9/6 3:49

• kongdaniel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/6 3

I`ve just finished with my homepage. I where just trying out different themes. And suddenly everything went blank.

I`ve been working for 5 hours setting up my homepage.

Please tell me that this can be fixed?

I dont understand why this is happening.

MadFish
Re: HELP!! Everything is blank.
  • 2004/9/6 4:42

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
The last thing i did was to change my theme. I closed explorer, restarted it and tried to go to my site. Everything is blank.

I`ll try and read the FAQ.

Did you just select a new theme from the control panel or the theme switcher box, or did you do something else ?

I managed to turn my site blank once by inadvertently deleting the active theme, and another time also by renaming a theme folder...

whitedragon

The exact thing happened to me!
I was installing new themes and everything was OK. Then, I selected the new theme from the switcher box and I saw that my logo is not in right size. Then I have deleted the old logo.gif and uploaded the new logo.gif. And still, everything was fine. But when I pressed the refresh button, everything turned blank and I can't fix that. I tried switching to default theme and everything else but my site is still blank!
Is there a way to fix this?

JackJ
  • 2004/9/19 14:22

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

For blank pages you need to switch on phpdebug in general preferences and paste the results here. See XOOPS for dummies and the "Trouble" section.

Check the themes are uploaded correctly to:

yoursite.com/themes

Sometimes when you unzip you get two folders i.e.

themename
themename(upload this one with the theme.html inside)

When you change themes to default in general preferences, you should also do this manualy by activating the "themes" block in system admin-blocks. (remember to also make your new theme selectable in general preferences, this makes it a selectable option in the themes block) XOOPS remembers the last theme you were using while you are logged in, whether you change the default theme in general preferences or not. Manually changing your default theme through the themes block changes your own personal default theme in the database.

Xoops also has a cache folder called templates_c, try clearing this out.

flaystus
  • 2004/10/6 4:55

• flaystus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/12

I'm having this same exact problem with seven_blue when I activate it in the general setting there is just a blank page.

Here is the error from phpdebug

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "seven_blue/theme.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

flaystus
  • 2004/10/6 5:15

• flaystus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/12

Once again futher reading fixed it. Tried a specific permissions number that was mentioned in another thread and it didn't work, but when I change it to 755 for the theme it worked great.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits