simon132
MS weather Forecast problem
  • 2004/9/5 7:29

• simon132

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/19

MS weather hasn't been picking up the forecast since I moved to 1.4

I notice other sites have the same problem. Has anybody found a fix?

cheers,

Simon

krystinevo
Re: MS weather Forecast problem

Hi Simon,

This was discussed yesterdayhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=23991&forum=4

Apparently there's a problem with copyright infringement. It was suggested that people switch over to vl-weather.

Take care,

Kristine

sylvainb
  • 2004/9/5 15:14

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

Not having more neither the motivation nor time to devote me to the coding of certain modules, I announce to you that the possible evolutions on istats will not be.

Moreover, having indirectly learned (I earlier have shame not to have seen that) than module ms-weather is illegal (recovery of the infos on Yahoo), this last disappears from the downloads section of 123rando.com and of course no changes will be brought more there.

Thanking you for your comprehension

Sylvain B Webmaster

rocket98
  • 2004/9/5 16:37

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

The Weather Channel has a developers section where developers can pull xml info based on location information and redisplay that weather info on their web sites.

Like Google and Amazon , Weather Channel has a developers key required to use their service (FREE). I found out about this after using a phpwebsite module on another web site.

This would be a solution to those who have the skill to make the module that the rest of us would use. :)

DonXoop

And in the meantime:

Copied from News item on the same subject:

Mine stopped updating as well but not related to any system updates. I think we are now being blocked.

I have now created a custom block and placed one of the free and legal weather graphics available from other places, in my case the Canadian Weather Channel.

I set a block cache to 1 hr so a maximum of 24 hits against the big server is made. The graphic itself is a clickthrough to the main site. My users are mostly local so a lack of user location choices is not a problem.

simon132
  • 2004/9/5 21:58

• simon132

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/19

Has there been any attempt to get copyright permission? The module has appropriate credits and the data is public domain as near as I can tell.

Perhaps a humble request from the module author would do the job.

Just a thought as this is the best weather module for international users by a country mile (no pun intended)

Cheers,

Simon

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits