dcommie
"Module for Start Page" gets pushed down by blocks
  • 2004/9/4 13:15

• dcommie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/4 1

Hey everyone,

First post - so let me say, this is amazing software. Thank you for developing it.

One thing I am having a hard time with is getting my module for start page to appear at the very top when I activate any blocks.

I would like my news module to appear at the top of the page instead of being pushed down by any blocks that are activated.

Has anyone had this problem, and do you know how we can fix it?

smdcom
Re: "Module for Start Page" gets pushed down by blocks

go to:

admin cp | system | preferences | edit general settings | Module for your start page

dcommie
  • 2004/9/4 14:45

• dcommie

• Just popping in

Thank you, but I need to know if there is a way to keep it at the top of the page.

By default, it is getting pushed down to the bottom of the page whenever I activate a block.

Dave_L
  • 2004/9/4 15:22

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You would need to modify themes/*/theme.html, which controls the overall page layout.

<{/if}>
        <!-- 
End display center blocks -->

<
div id="content">
          [
color=ff0000]<{$xoops_contents}>[/color]
        </
div>
      </
td>

<{if 
$xoops_showrblock == 1}>

<
td id="rightcolumn">
        <!-- 
Start right blocks loop -->

dcommie
  • 2004/9/4 16:39

• dcommie

• Just popping in

That's what I thought too - so maybe you can help me with something else then.

I am running the simple_line theme, and I *believe* I have made changes to the theme.html file. But I upload it and the changes do not take place.

I am uploading to the simple_line theme dir. But should it be going somewhere else? Do you know why the changes aren't taking place?

Thanks again,

Michael

dcommie
  • 2004/9/4 17:14

• dcommie

• Just popping in

I think I got'er. If anyone is wondering, all you have to do is go into the admin section under preferences.

"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" should be on 'yes'.

The only thing it says is to turn this off once the site is active...so if anyone has a better solution please let me know.

Speed
  • 2004/9/4 17:42

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

You found the setting.

Basically, if you are making theme changes you need it on so they update between changes. Once you are done making changes, set it to off.

JMorris
  • 2004/9/4 18:37

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Actually, the reason you're not seeing the changes on the server is because you're not clearing the /templates_c directory. You do not have to make any changes in the Admin panel to alter a theme UNLESS you are altering Templates that accompany a theme. The theme.html file and the templates that can be edited through the Admin>Templates section is not the same thing.

I know for a fact that the theme you are using doesn't require any changes under Admin>Templates as I once ran it on a study group site I made for my college.

Just make your changes to the theme.html file upload it, and delete everything out of the /templates_c directory except index.html

Therefore, "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" should be "NO".

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits