ajaypal
Search feature for users in userform.php
  • 2004/9/3 18:47

• ajaypal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/3 1

It is not fun to display users in a drop down when the user list runs into 1000's. Has anyone implemented a search facility to search user, display matching records and click to modify the record? I need this functionality only for the webmaster/admin thru the admin menu 'edit user' interface.

Answers helpful.

Mod's: If this is not the right topic, please let me know where I can post.

Thanks in advance.

Stewdio
Re: Search feature for users in userform.php
  • 2004/9/3 19:26

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

To answer your question, future versions of XOOPS will have much better user management. There is no ETA on future releases, so there are no other options at present.

It's alright to post in the wrong topic, so long as you at least tried. One thing though, rty to avoid double posts, because your answers will get separated and this makes future searches hard for other users when the answers are divided between two posts.

No worries, just a heads up. If you don't get an answer, it's alright to bump your post after a couple days. Sometimes people dont have the answers, but others may notice if you give a poilite bump back to the top.

ackbarr

Mithrandir and I were discussing exactly this as a feature to add to the core. For the module I'm currently working on, xHelp, we needed a similar functionality, so I rolled my own solution. Someone with more free time than I currently have is welcome to use this code to make a hack for the edit user interface.

In the mean time, you could always use 'Find Users' in the System Module first, which provides a link to edit the user

Mithrandir

yeah, "find users" does give you the functionality, you describe.

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits