DonXoop
newbb 'Hall of Fame' Forum(s) / SuperSticky status

Here's an idea I'd like for newbb. A SuperSticky status for admin selected threads that creates a virtual copy in another designated Forum. The thread appears as a regular Sticky but also appears in a special Forum. Call it a 'Hall of Fame' Forum(s).

The actual thread resides in its original location but also appears in another Forum. Any further posts are virtually synchronized. I would likely want to prevent new threads in the virtual Forum but allow posts in the threads themselves if appropriate.

This gives me a place to organize special threads closer together for reference. Hopefully to encourage browsing of valuable information instead of simply watching recent posts , hoping they read Stickies, hoping they use Search, and of course posting a redundent question. Search of course is encouraged but easy browsing of super threads would also be great. Other modules can be used of course but it becomes duplicated info and usually goes stale.

The easy thing would be to simply move the thread but the original context is still relevent for users that are looking there (in the right place).

Login

Who's Online

118 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 118

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits