tedsmith
NewBB Module - Blank Page after submitting a posting
  • 2004/8/30 21:16

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I did a search for this, and there is another posting about the problem but it relates to different files and so does the solution.

When my users try to post an article I get a blank page and the user is not re-directed. It still gets posted, but they don't get redirected automatically. I'm on an Intranet by the way, not standard website.

It was working fine before I turned the 'register_globals' value in php.ini to 'on' so that I could get the ZenTrack module to work. So I tried putting it back to off and re-started the service but it is still doing it (and no of course ZenTrack does not work but I can live with that).

I'm using 2.0.7 and the version of newbb that ships with it. Would updating the module in Sys\Admin help and if I did that would my postings be kept or would I loose them?

The details of the error (using PHP Debug mode) are as follows:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: nohtml in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 165
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: nosmiley in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 166
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: icon in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 167
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: attachsig in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 168
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare newbb_notify_iteminfo() (previously declared in d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\include\notification.inc.php:28) in D:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\include\notification.inc.php on line 28

Also posted athttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23569&forum=7

I am REALLY REALLY desperate!!

Anonymous
Re: NewBB Module - Blank Page after submitting a posting
  • 2004/8/30 22:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

What did happend, when you comment the line 184 in the post.php out?

//include_once 'include/notification.inc.php';

If there comes an error while function newbb_notify_iteminfo

uncomment the line 184 and rename the function in line 185 into forum_notify_iteminfo and in the notification.inc.php also.

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/31 7:02

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I will try this when I get to work later, but could anyone clarify whether updating the module will help? i.e. if I upload a clean version of the module and then update the module in Sys Admin will that help? More importnantly, will all the postings be saved?

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/31 8:28

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Tried that but it didn't work. I got a different error (I forgot to write it down but it was a one line error with most of it in CAPITAL LETTERS. Anyway, I was so hasty to try and sort it out that I went ahead and updated the newbb module. That hasn't worked either, although I do still have all my postings which is good news. Anyway, I'm now back to the original errors as stated at the start of this topic.

Please can someone help me with this. Can anyone explain why it's happening? I am going on holiday for two weeks on Thursday and really can't leave my work mates with this not working. I am really desperate!! Please help.

tedsmith
  • 2004/8/31 10:08

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I realised I had renamed the part on line 185 incorrectly so did it again.

This time, the errors are as follows:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: nohtml in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 165
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: nosmiley in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 166
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: icon in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 167
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: attachsig in file d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\post.php line 168
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare forum_notify_iteminfo() (previously declared in d:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\include\notification.inc.php:28) in D:\cms.fct\modules\newbb\include\notification.inc.php on line 28

I have started two threads kind of by accident as a result of this. However, I am getting help herehttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12849&post_id=104461&order=0&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=7#forumpost104461 so, Predator, and anyone else who can help please use that thread to avoid me clogging up the forum with two postings.

Thanks

Ted

smdcom

have u try to re-upload ur file?

try this method..

deactivate ur newbb module... just deactivate DON'T uninstall it.. then, upload & overwrite all newbb files...

after that, activate ur newbb module...

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/14 17:36

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I have just back from holiday and will be back at work in about another 10 days - I will try your idea then. I had not tried doing it that way so will give it a shot. Cheers.

libkhorse
  • 2004/9/18 6:53

• libkhorse

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/17

I just got this problem, and solve it by the following method:

you can modify the modules/newbb/include/notification.php
libk this:
<?php
if ( !defined('NEWBB_NOTIFY_ITEMINFO') ) {
define('NEWBB_NOTIFY_ITEMINFO', 1);
function newbb_notify_iteminfo($category, $item_id)
{
$module_handler =& xoops_gethandler('module');
$module =& $module_handler->getByDirname('newbb');

if ($category=='global') {
$item['name'] = '';
$item['url'] = '';
return $item;
}
global $xoopsDB;
if ($category=='forum') {
// Assume we have a valid forum id
$sql = 'SELECT forum_name FROM ' . $xoopsDB->prefix('bb_forums') . ' WHERE forum_id = '.$item_id;
$result = $xoopsDB->query($sql); // TODO: error check
$result_array = $xoopsDB->fetchArray($result);
$item['name'] = $result_array['forum_name'];
$item['url'] = XOOPS_URL . '/modules/' . $module->getVar('dirname') . '/viewforum.php?forum=' . $item_id;
return $item;
}

if ($category=='thread') {
// Assume we have a valid topid id
$sql = 'SELECT t.topic_title,f.forum_id,f.forum_name FROM '.$xoopsDB->prefix('bb_topics') . ' t, ' . $xoopsDB->prefix('bb_forums') . ' f WHERE t.forum_id = f.forum_id AND t.topic_id = '. $item_id . ' limit 1';
$result = $xoopsDB->query($sql); // TODO: error check
$item['name'] = $result_array['topic_title'];
$item['url'] = XOOPS_URL . '/modules/' . $module->getVar('dirname') . '/viewtopic.php?forum=' . $result_array['forum_id'] . '&topic_id=' . $item_id;
return $item;
}

if ($category=='post') {
// Assume we have a valid post id
$sql = 'SELECT subject,topic_id,forum_id FROM ' . $xoopsDB->prefix('bb_posts') . ' WHERE post_id = ' . $item_id . ' LIMIT 1';
$result = $xoopsDB->query($sql);
$item['name'] = $result_array['subject'];
$item['url'] = XOOPS_URL . '/modules/' . $module->getVar('dirname') . '/viewtopic.php?forum= ' . $result_array['forum_id'] . '&topic_id=' . $result_array['topic_id'] . '#forumpost' . $item_id;
return $item;
}
}
}

wish this will help you!
btw. I think you run XOOPS on windows, is that right?

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/28 10:58

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

CMD - Tried your method. It did not work, but thanks anyway.

LbkHorse - I was about to try your method but do not quite understand where I am supposed to insert the code? Do you mean remove all of the code in newbb\functions.php and replace it with the above? Or do I just add all of your code at the top of the file, or at the bottom? I notice there is no ?php> at the end? Was this deliberate?

Any help much appreciated.

Does anyone know of the NewBB2 status? Is it still in Beta?

Thanks

Mithrandir

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
Does anyone know of the NewBB2 status? Is it still in Beta?

Just out in a RC 1 version

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits