astrix
browser cache and form data
  • 2004/8/29 19:36

• astrix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/16

Hi,

Some users on my site are complaining that when they do a search (My own custom search using XoopsThemeForm), when they hit back on their browser, they have to repost the data. They find this annoying. I was wondering if there was a method to force the browser to cache the search results page. This way, when they hit back, they don't have to repost the form data. Maybe it's a header somewhere that i'm missing?

*Edit*
THis seems to happen with IE (it gives me expired for my security warning and tells me to reload the browser to see the results again)
*Edit*

astrix
Re: browser cache and form data
  • 2004/8/29 22:00

• astrix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/16

I realized using the post method on a search form is a bad idea. So i switched the xoopsthemeform mode to get. That works much better for IE, and no more expiry error.

reddshack
Re: browser cache and form data
  • 2005/4/8 1:03

• reddshack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/31

Help-

I'm having this EXACT same problem, except I don't know how to change/fix what you did. I haven't created a special search though, I'm just using the normal one that is available without customization for newbb2. Can anyone help me out here and tell me where I need to go to input these changes?

EDIT: This only happens for people who are logged in. I tried enabling the cache option in the newbb2 preferences, but that did nothing.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits