RitaAnn
I'd like to hire someone to do a site for me.
  • 2004/8/24 16:10

• RitaAnn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/11

I'm interested in someone doing a site for me.

Anyone interested?

Let me know what you'll charge me to do this. You can email me at achristianconnection@yahoo.com

I also have a partial site up that I need help with.(a student uploaded it and we don't know how to fix the problems)

http://www.evansvilleinhomeschool.com

First, I need the 'xoops' off the link.

Then I can't figure out why the words are all cluttered as such.
When I preview it, it comes up fine, then when I hit submit, this is what it looks like.

I sure could use some help. The school year is here and I need this together for our community.

RitaAnn~

tjnemez
Re: I'd like to hire someone to do a site for me.
  • 2004/8/24 17:32

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

other than what you have stated, what do you have in mind? is the current theme the one you want to use?

RitaAnn
  • 2004/8/24 21:39

• RitaAnn

• Just popping in

The site that's up now is the one I'm working on. Yes, I like that theme (it's feminine)for the woman at home with her children.

I'm having problems with this particular site. The teen that uploaded it doesn't know how to fix it. I'm clueless.

Neither of us know how to fix the http://www.evansvilleinhomeschool.com /xoops..... I don't want XOOPS on the end.

I also don't know what's wrong with the text on the front page.

Now, on the site building:
The site I would like done is another site.
Not up yet.

I need it put together as soon as possible for the homeschool community.

calendar
forums
articles
reviews
links

etc.
anything you think an educational site might need.

I have no idea how I want it to look nor do I have a logo or anything so it's basically scratch.

The majority of the visitors are women, a few are men. It should be neutral of color.

Let me know what you think.

RitaAnn~

Bassman
  • 2004/8/24 21:46

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

RitaAnn:
The reason you have /Xoops on the end of your URL is that your site hasn't been installed in the root folder. You have to move all of the files from the /Xoops folder up one level and change the root path and XOOPS URL in mainfile.php. Not hard to do :)

tjnemez
  • 2004/8/24 22:11

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

as far as the text goes, it looks like a custom block was created and will need to have the h1, h2, h3s etc. edited out. the links in the custom block should likely be added to mylinks module. as it is they take your visitors away from your site.

carnuke
  • 2004/8/24 23:33

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

All of the above from Tjnemez and Bassman is correct, but do you understand what it means and can you correct it???

Another question, do you have the time and interest to get 'all technical' and learn the system, or are you just interested in the content of the site?

Take a look at the Documentation site (link below) and check out some of the user guides there.

Richard

tjnemez
  • 2004/8/25 0:06

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

i think richard may be suggesting that you will need to, at some point, learn how to administer your sites. any one of us could correct the above issues for you. it would require administrative rights on your site(s).

RitaAnn
  • 2004/8/25 15:51

• RitaAnn

• Just popping in

Do you have the time to explain it?
I'm completely clueless?

I can do some of it as found in http://www.achristianconnection.com
The webdesigner uploaded the site and I did everything else. (basically just know how to add information, very simplified info. though)

RitaAnn~

RitaAnn
  • 2004/8/25 16:05

• RitaAnn

• Just popping in

Hi Richard,

Hey, I visited your site some time ago. I recognized it when I just revisited it.

How far are you from Whales?

My sister-in-law is from Whales and a fella I met named Peter Twist is also living there.

Anyway,
No, I don't understand completely what it means (only particially)
and no, I don't know how to correct it.

I do have the interest, not the time as a mother and home educator to get the technical information learned.

I'm mostly stressed for getting the information up on the site.

I can do most of that, it's just getting the calendar, site modules etc. up that I don't know how to do.
I'm a hands on learner and I'm confident with taking the hand of someone, I could learn the information. However, I don't have that type of time as our school sessions just started back up.

I should have had the site up months ago but I hired a teen friend to do it and learn it so I could just call and give her the information when needed. She's a sweety and I can't complain, but the learning curve is what's taking time and as the school season just started, I need it up and running.

For this particular site I just need to know how to fix those problems. And I need some other modules up also. I don't know where to find them or how to upload them. I'd like to know how to do that, someone can do it and later explain it to me.(when we both have time)

I want someone to completely do the new site for me as there won't be any time for me to work on it.

RitaAnn~

DonXoop

All these issues can be corrected by the knowlegable folks here. Dynamic sites will always need regular administration to keep it healthy. Users only need minimal training to keep the content fresh.

You could get someone to handle regular maintenance after the basics are fixed. You can PM me if you decide to go that route. Not sure what kind of budget you have but it would require at least a little bit.

Login

Who's Online

311 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 311

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits