xb00t
No further than 1st install page :(
  • 2004/8/19 8:23

• xb00t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

I have my Apache 2 configed with PHP 5.0.1 but when I type http://localhost/ I get a directory and file list, not my needed 1st install page. When I try do to click a .php it opens my needed 1st install page but no mather how much I click on the next button (to choose english), nothing happens but a new 1st page (not a refresh). I must be doing something wrong. Please help me for I am total n00b with XOOPS.

tedsmith
Re: No further than 1st install page :(
  • 2004/8/19 9:26

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I remeber having this problem, but cannot remember how I resolved it!

First, check that your php and Apache are talking to each other by creating a php file with the line

and save it as index.php then call it from your browser with http://domain/index.php. If you get a screen about your php config, then you know that has worked OK.

If it doesn't do that, then go back and check your Apache\php config. I use IIS though, so cannot really help you much more than that. For any other XOOPS user to help, can you let them know whether you are on a network or doing it standalone?

Also, try downloading and installing 'xsas'. Do a search for it on this site and you will find the link. That configures loads of php, MySQL and Apache stuff for you. Oh yeah, you do have MySQL installed I take it?

ackbarr

in addition, the current version of XOOPS does not work within PHP 5.

xb00t
  • 2004/8/22 19:42

• xb00t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

Meening that I have to use PHP4???

Mithrandir

"doesn't work" is such a strong term, most of it is working, but by default PHP5 does NOT enable the long array names for $_GET, $_POST etc.

Since XOOPS 2.0.x uses those long names (HTTP_POST_VARS etc.) it is likely to be that, which is causing it not to work.

We do not, however, in any way claim that XOOPS is compatible with PHP5. PHP4 IS the recommended version yet.

Login

Who's Online

427 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 427

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits