Kasch
"Tourist guide" wanted, needed and wished for
  • 2004/8/18 9:54

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/9 2

Hi,

I am running a website/community for people interested in "forn sed" (old norse religion, mythology and norse folklore) athttp://gimle.drengskap.com. I am in need of a "tourist guide-module" where my users could tip each other of different places in Scandinavia worth visiting. In this case it would be used for (for some examples) heathen runestones, old burial mounds, places for heathen cult (pre-historic as well as places in use today) or sacrificial springs.

I would like it to be possible to categorize the places in categories and sub-categories (Sweden>>Sacred places>>Sacrificial springs or Denmark>>Prehistoric remains>>Runestones). The users should be able to send pictures, text descriptions and a "getting there description". A map option would of course be super, but I doubt it will work (connections with external map-DB:s are usually either costly or free and not very usable). Comments and print options would also be nice.

I have tried to use the MyReview-module but it holds a lot of non-wanted functions such as Love it, Onion, Recommend, Vote and so on. I tried to edit the module but messed it all up (I am not very familiar with PHP). So a special module for this purpose would truly be great! I guess this module would be usable to a lot of other sites as well?

Thanks,

/Karl

riaanvdb
Re: "Tourist guide" wanted, needed and wished for
  • 2004/8/19 19:07

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Kasch wrote:
Hi,

I have tried to use the MyReview-module but it holds a lot of non-wanted functions such as Love it, Onion, Recommend, Vote and so on. I tried to edit the module but messed it all up (I am not very familiar with PHP). So a special module for this purpose would truly be great! I guess this module would be usable to a lot of other sites as well?

Thanks,

/Karl

Hi Karl,

If the myReviews module is round about what you are looking for and would like to see some functions added or the ability to configure existing functions not to be vissible let me know and I am sure we can help you in a next release of myReviews.

Grotmis
Riaan

Kasch
Re: "Tourist guide" wanted, needed and wished for
  • 2004/8/20 5:20

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/9 2

Hi Riaan,

thanks a lot, that would be great! I will send u an e-mail.

Regards,

/Karl

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits