DarkDeath
Login Problems...Logging in, redirect to logged out [SOLVED]
  • 2004/8/2 11:32

• DarkDeath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/17

One of the websites i created long ago has jsut recently come to me saying that they can no longer login to the site. The site comes up and they type in their login info, yet when it refreshes they aren't logged in. I have looked over the code and the database, but I can't seem to find the problem.

Anyone have any ideas of waht files i should check..or any code i need to fix?

I updated to 2.0.6 this morning hoping that would solve it, but it hasn't. Thanks for any help!

DarkDeath
Re: Login Problems...
  • 2004/8/2 12:50

• DarkDeath

• Just popping in

hrrmm... as I have been trying to solve this problem this morning I have found out i can't even login to my admin now.. so i cant turn on debugging... essentially when i put in the user and pw i get redirected back to /modules/news

Anyone have any ideas?

ackbarr

you can turn on php debugging by following the steps mentioned in the Troubleshooting a Blank Page document in the XOOPS wiki. I also recommend checking the MySQL db tables for corruption.

DarkDeath
  • 2004/8/2 14:54

• DarkDeath

• Just popping in

ok... i changed the MySQL database to turn on the Debug... now when i laod the site i dont get any bugs showing up...

and i cant seem to figure out the MySQL repair or whatever to find out if its corrupt. everything looks fine to me. Any other ideas?

Hopefully i dont have to completly re-install Xoops.... man that would suck!

DarkDeath
  • 2004/8/2 16:05

• DarkDeath

• Just popping in

FIXED IT.... the problem was my Sessions Table was fried... so i had to re-create it... Hopefully if this happenes ot anyone else they can re-create it.. here is what i used...

I dropped the table.. then ran: (make sure the "xoops session" is named the same as yours was)

CREATE TABLE xoops_session (
sess_id varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
sess_updated int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
sess_ip varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',
sess_data text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (sess_id),
KEY updated (sess_updated)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Raymie
  • 2004/9/7 22:31

• Raymie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

Dark Death,

I just wanted to say "You are the Man!" I was extremely stressed about this problem as I have lost a grip of information from my DBs in the past.

This fix worked great for the problem that you mentioned.

I just wanted to mention that if others are having a similar problem, it is very easy to look at the xoops_session table in MySQL and see that it is corrupt. It shows "in use" as the type. Use the control panel's 'Check It'and it will say, "table is corrupt.

Hope this helps the future!

Login

Who's Online

308 user(s) are online (201 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 308

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits