brklyn8900
Password Security
  • 2004/7/21 13:04

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/28

How secure is xoops? I would like to create a portal for clients with sensitive information. Is XOOPS secure enough for me to do this?

Herko
Re: Password Security
  • 2004/7/21 13:32

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

XOOPS is probably one of the most secure open source php portal systems you can find out there. Using the built-in group permissions you can hide/show any information from anonymous and even logged in people, depending on group memberships. The passwords are stored in a MD5 hash, so there's no way anyone can find those out (not even the system admin).

Herko

ackbarr

and if you are particularly worried about security, you'll want to setup your webserver to use SSL, which will encrypt the entire conversation between the webbrowser and server.

brklyn8900
  • 2004/7/21 14:08

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/28

Great, Thanks a lot. I will move forward with my clients request using xoops. I tried some of the other content management software but to me XOOPS has the most to offer.

Thanks again.

DonXoop

There's an idea to work on, SSL in selected portions of the site. You usually don't want SSL fulltime but only in key parts of the site. The SSL login option is good but we lack a good method of using SSL in only specific portions as desired by the admin.

Mithrandir

Yes that is indeed a good idea.

Anybody with knowledge in this area, who is willing to dig into this? Would help us immensely.

Login

Who's Online

529 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 529

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits