sentinel
Text problem with Polls module
  • 2004/7/20 15:15

• sentinel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 9

I have installed the standard Polls module that comes with XOOPS 2.0.7 but in the buttons and headers it shows rather strange texts. For instance, the "Vote!' button now says "_PL_VOTE" and the "Results" button says "_PL_RESULTS". And when I add a Poll, I see lots more of these (what I think are) MySQL database fields: _AM_POLLCONF, _AM_POLLQUESTION and so on. I've already tried re-installing XOOPS using a new database but the problem persists. It *has* worked but I suffered a hard drive crash so I had to re-install Apache but not MySQL or XOOPS (different drives). After that the problem occured. I hoped that a re-install would fix it but it doesn't... what can I do?

ackbarr
Re: Text problem with Polls module

reupload the files in the modules/xoopspoll/language folder. What you see are the language constants that make translation between languages possible.

sentinel
Re: Text problem with Polls module
  • 2004/7/20 19:34

• sentinel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 9

That wasn't quite the solution but it did help me solve the mystery. I had set my language to Dutch but there was no Dutch language installed for polls. So I just translated the few language fils to Dutch and now it works.

p.s. FYI: I'm using the multilanguage hack.

Login

Who's Online

343 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 343

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits