nthomson
cannot email from xoops website
  • 2004/7/12 17:13

• nthomson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/13

Hi ,

I have 2 websites using XOOPS system. On one I have the SMTP mail setup using the ip address of our mailserver.

When i use the same set up on the new website i get the following error:

"You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation."

I have tried PHPMail(). It never worked for me:(

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ann

DonXoop
Re: cannot email from xoops website

That will be for one of two reasons: you can't get there from here, or the mail server won't let you send. Small chance that PHP isn't configured right.

Can't get there from here: Routing prevents the web server from getting to the specified SMTP server. Or there is a filter or firewall blocking SMTP somewhere.

Mail server won't allow sending: The SMTP server won't allow that IP (web server) to send mail, "no relay". If you have access to the SMTP server you can see what the logs say.

If you have shell access at the web server it is easy to do a manual connection and see what happens. "telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 25"

Are the two webs on the same network? Are they configured similarly? You run a phpinfo to check:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

kastork
Re: cannot email from xoops website
  • 2004/7/17 12:02

• kastork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/17

I have a similar problem.

details:

- Testing XOOP on my own machine at home (MacOSX - think Unix)
- My broadband provider blocks port 25
- I have a mail/secure SMTP provider who provides SMTP via another port. This works fine for my personal email clients from the machine in question.
- Tried setting up XOOP mail config to use AuthSMTP by putting

option 1: server.provider.com
option 2: server.provider.com:[secure port number]

usernames and passwords for the secure SMTP server are correctly entered in the XOOPs form.

So. Is this still a "can't get there from here" situation? Or, is there a way to configure XOOP or PHP to make SMTP connections via a different port than 25?

Thanks for any assistance.

Kirk

Login

Who's Online

78 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 78

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits