loauc
Newbie q: blog with xoops?
  • 2004/7/7 0:06

• loauc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 0

Hi, I'm planning to use XOOPS as a blogging tool. Any examples of blogs running on Xoops?

Regards,
Loauc.

bocks
Re: Newbie q: blog with xoops?
  • 2004/7/7 0:22

• bocks

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/6 6

I have my site running webLog. You can have a look here :

http://portal.intowesee.net/modules/weblog/

I've made some modifications to the template so that it looks nicer.

brash
  • 2004/7/7 0:27

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hey bocks,

Where did you get your Who's Online block from? And where did you get that funky right click menu!?!

loauc
  • 2004/7/7 0:28

• loauc

• Just popping in

It looks good. Then I think I need a weblog module right?

Thanks,
Loauc.

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/7 0:33

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

check this site out:http://wellwine.net/

libervis
  • 2004/7/7 0:35

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Hi!

I just searched for the weblog module myself for my new site in early development. You can find it for download athttp://wellwine.net/modules/mydownloads/. I tested it on my site and i am satisfied. It allows webmasters and registered users to blog and you can also set privileges for certain groups. Also you can set blog category's. That is the blog that bocks is using in it's portal!

Daniel

loauc
  • 2004/7/7 1:03

• loauc

• Just popping in

Great site and examples. I think it's the right choice for me.

Thank you.

brucewhealto

Can I ask what web log module you used? What might one use to compare different web log modules? I mean how can we compare different ones to find one that we'll like? What features can be used for comparison purposes? There is the News Feature on the site and then there is Word Press that I know exists for XOOOPS, but there are others. How might one decide? Am I saying it right? I'm looking for an idea of features comparisons. things one blog has that another doesn't or how well one blog handles a feature or in what manner it handles it versus the next web log module?
Thanks in advance,
Bruce
Quote:

bocks wrote:
I have my site running webLog. You can have a look here :

http://portal.intowesee.net/modules/weblog/

I've made some modifications to the template so that it looks nicer.

libervis
  • 2004/9/28 18:37

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

I use weBlog, the same as bocks uses. It seems like there are not much other options but don't hold on to my word.

However, i like weBlog, it has everything i really need so it's good for me.

As for comparisons, i don't know about any special module or function or whatever that is meant strictly for "comparing".

The best way to compare is maybe installing the two blogging modules at the same time and use them both at the same time privately (permissions for anonymous and registered members turned off).

That way you can see what does one lacks that you might want at the other and so on.

Daniel

DobePhat
  • 2004/9/28 19:02

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

I also like that blog...
But you know the problem with all the bloggers (from my experience so far)is that it can get real real muddy if you have more than one person useing it.

It would be very, very cool if members could have limited module acces to be able to create their own category. Then they can create, truly their own blog.

As it is now...you give that much permission then they have control over the whole module. Which is not a good idea if not for anything but that it can be confuding.

My recommendation: Allow users to create their own blog(category) without also giving them complete access. Im not sure how to do this unfortunately and if their is a blog that already does that please let me know!

If not then perhaps we should think about implementing it.
Sure it doesnt have to have the full capabilities of all the blogger software out there. But the ability to creat category without all the other permissions might be a good idea?!

(Other wise these blog modules are great. Just limited IMO in that respect, in regard to a user base. For one person they are good!)

DOH!
just realized I may have had an outdated weblog module I believe! Sorry! Can the updated module do what Im refering to? Or is it just close? Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits