revward
XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run
  • 2004/7/2 2:25

• revward

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

XOOPS Physical Path

I am trying to install to remote web server. Everything goes fine until I get the following message. "XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run." I am letting my newbie side show but I have tried every everything I can think of to set the root path. I have the server root path but I cannot get it to work. I have prefaced it with // the ip address the web address, etc. but to no avail. If anyone can help the newbie discover the obvious I appreciate it. I could not find the answer in the install documentation.

Thanks

msink
Re: XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run
  • 2004/7/16 4:06

• msink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Sorry, no answer, I have the SAME problem. Anyone have a clue?

Here are my rootpath.php results, so Im pretty sure that is correct.

Your root path is/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs-test
without string replace:/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs-test

Help!

Thanks

Dave_L
  • 2004/7/16 4:13

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You can bypass that check by editing mainfile.php and making the following change:

define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH', 0);

msink
  • 2004/7/16 4:34

• msink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Thanks for the reply. That doesnt seemed to have helped however. I also can sometimes get

Warning: offset not contained in string in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs-test/install/index.php on line 256

or

Warning: offset not contained in string in ../mainfile.php on line 53
XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run.

jph000
  • 2004/8/2 22:30

• jph000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/2 2

Dave_L, yes, that's what I wound up doing also; but I'm puzzled why that happened on that 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 update.

Unlike for the update on my LAN server, there was a glitch. Checking the site generated an error from the new "XOOPS_CHECK_PATH" code in the "mainfile.php" file: "XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run."

The define line used a parameter value of 1 rather than zero as in the "mainfile.dist.php" file [define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH', 0);]. After changing the parameter value to 0, site access worked again.

Puzzling, since my XOOPS LAN server has a parameter value of 1 in the "mainfile.php" file, which works okay.

8-19-04 Update: There was an error in the XOOPS physical path, which probably was the issue. I discovered the discrepancy while doing another XOOPS installation which worked okay with "define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH', 1);" on the same host.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits