chaffed
NoCat module
  • 2004/6/23 18:05

• chaffed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

I was just playing around with NoCat and it looks very cool. Though one trouble. NoCatAuth, the authentication portion, does not intergrate well into a site already using a CMS.

What I think would be a great module, also first of it's kind, is to give the ability to authenticate people on a NoCat network and provide a great CMS like XOOPS for more content.

tl
Re: NoCat module
  • 2004/6/23 18:52

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

NoCat FAQ
Quote:

NoCat is two components which work together to form a unified whole. the idea is that a user can log on to a wireless network and be presented with a NoCat splash page where they sign their name in digital blood and thus become a part of your network. Now back to the two parts: NoCat AUTH is the lawyer reading this unholy transcript. This is a centralized (mysql) database of all users and wifi-gateways. NoCat gateway is run on every node. It gets good word on high from its NoCat AUTH friend that this new guy on the network is legit, and allows him to access the internet when NoCat Auth says so.

Not sure what this has got to do with any CMS as a module.

Mithrandir

If I understand it correctly, it's an authentication service, which could be used centrally similar to myUID and MSN Passport.

danyblue
  • 2004/6/23 20:34

• danyblue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/15

Hi,

i am working for about two weeks on this, i have been doing some tests and i am having some problems, i think that i still need a couple of weeks before having anything ready to show to some one.
The basic Idea is to use the XOOPS CMS as the front-end for the authentification system that will then change the rules in the firewall. So it is a mix of module and standalone system.

regards,

Danyblue

Login

Who's Online

99 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 99

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits