dopper
*edit* How can I make flat mode the default in newbb for all users?
  • 2004/6/8 12:20

• dopper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/7

http://www.digicomplex.com/ doesn't seem to be working and I can't find any information on this but I know it's possible.

Every time I click flat it seems to reset back to threaded and in the server settings I only see an option to set comments to flat by default but not forum posts.

*edit*
In this thread I was advisted that
Quote:
You go to general settings and then the "Default Comment Display Mode" listbox and choose flat.

I know its says comments, but it includes Newbb as well.

However, the confusing part for me is that I've already selected flat in the listbox under general settings > default comment display mode but it's still showing up as threaded mode by default in the newbb module posts for all users.

You can click flat but when you go to return to the thread later or go to another one it always resets back to threaded.

(I apologize for the 2nd post but I couldn't find the original post when I searched so I thought it got deleted by an admin and I didn't realize I could get to my posts from my user menu)

royco
Re: *edit* How can I make flat mode the default in newbb for all users?
  • 2004/6/9 7:49

• royco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 7

Dopper,

I have the same problem, Im no good at PHP but tried to look for it anyways. I edited the file viewtopic.php under your newbb folder. look for something like this.

------------------------------------
// newbb does not have nested mode

if ($viewmode == 'nest') {

$viewmode = 'thread';

------------------------------------

Replace the 'thread' to 'flat'

Be sure to go back to your General setting and change the "Default Comment Display Mode" back to nested.
Im assuming this change would send the view into flat mode when you select nested.

Worked for me .. with registered user logins but not with XOOPS admin login..

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits