marijun
just some ideas
  • 2004/6/4 17:10

• marijun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

i'm guessing some of these have been requested before. if so, i'm just seconding the ideas!

1. a section in the general preferences area that allows admins to set the date format
2. i really like that tiny content module...but i think this is something that should be built into xoops. preferably with a cross-browser compatible wysiwyg editor.
3. i'm sure there's better download modules out there...but i'd have no qualms with the XOOPS one if it allowed for easier editing of existing downloads in the control panel. i hate entering the file id just to get to the edit screen. i think a list of existing downloads at the top of the screen with links to edit or delete them would be perfect.
4. i'd also like a way to edit images in the image manager too. not edit the actual pixels, it would just be nice to be able to replace one image with another. sometimes i change an image but don't want to have to upload a new one, delete the old one, and then go update the page or pages using it.

i think that's it. i just love xoops! keep up the good work.

Mithrandir
Re: just some ideas

1. Yeah, I agree. Would be better than in a language file (for a short-term fix, edit the root/language/english/global.php - there are three settings for short, medium and long date format)

2. Won't happen. Modules are independent entities and should stay that way. I do know that there are plans to make "packages" of XOOPS, containing the core files and a selection of modules to suit a certain need. This should give modules like Tiny Content the exposure, they deserve.

Samuels is working on a really good cross-browser wysiwyg editor and has really come some way.

3. Right there

4. Submit it to the XOOPS project trackers on SourceForge and I'll look into it. In general, the image manager is extremely underused, partly due to some shortcomings, so I am interested in looking into optimising its usage.

jmass
  • 2004/6/4 18:21

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:

2. Won't happen. Modules are independent entities and should stay that way. I do know that there are plans to make "packages" of XOOPS, containing the core files and a selection of modules to suit a certain need. This should give modules like Tiny Content the exposure, they deserve.

This has been stated before... Yet the XOOPS download contains "core modules" ( ie. news, forums, etc.) Is this scheduled to change. Is XOOPS only going to be the system module download? If this is where it is going, where can I read about this and other design shifts?

Thanks,

JMass

marijun
  • 2004/6/4 19:04

• marijun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Quote:
(for a short-term fix, edit the root/language/english/global.php - there are three settings for short, medium and long date format)

yeah, i did that i think it would also be good to let registered users pick the date format in their account settings as well.

Quote:

i didn't mean that tiny content itself should be built into xoops, just basic html wrapping functionality. but that makes sense. i just luuurve tiny content, its auther deserves much praise.

i'm looking forward to that wysiwyg editor. i started building a CMS of my own a while back, with a cross-browser wysisyg editor included...but then i found everything i wanted in XOOPS and dropped the project altogether. now i just need that editor! i use ie6, so its not really a problem for me, but i'm a stickler for everything being cross-browser compatible just in case.

i really like the image manager, i'm surprised to hear its not very popular. i'll be sure to post ideas in your project tracker.

thanks for listening! you've done such a fine job on xoops.

Login

Who's Online

393 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 393

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits