grend
moving xoops installation
  • 2004/6/3 19:32

• grend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/31

hello good people...

I have installed XOOPS and gotten it to a rather nicely (imo) streamlined setup..but things are changing. I originally installed it in a subdirectory of my main site (a), but have now purchased a domain for it (b), which was added on to my current webhost account. the new domain (b) points to the subdir XOOPS was installed in (a)/subdir, and if you hit the new domain (b) the front page shows up with the domains name (b), but any links you hit after that bring you back to (a)/dir/modules/whatever.

so I was wondering if there was a post-installation way to tell XOOPS that its its domain is the new one (b), since my host tells me that dir that it is installed in has now been seperated from the rest.

if this makes sense, and anyone could help, I would *really* appreciate it. I can link my pages here if thats ok and anyone wants to see exactly what I am talking about.

I have rooted through the prefs, and while I remember during the initial setup it asked what the site was (a)/subdir, I cant seem to find anything that would allow me to change that now :(

please help !! :)

grend
Re: moving xoops installation
  • 2004/6/3 19:33

• grend

• Just popping in

another quick note...I am really afraid of having to start over, since so much content and so many users have been signed up, that would make things terribly difficult

maybe there is a migration tool I am overlooking?

grend
  • 2004/6/3 21:26

• grend

• Just popping in

yay !!!

so all I had to do was change one line in the mainfile.php...

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash

define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.mynewsite.org);

and *bling* problem solved :)

*phew*

grend
  • 2004/6/3 21:26

• grend

• Just popping in

many many thanks to the XOOPS dev team for having a lucid config btw...I was scared for a bit before I thought about the answer.

Login

Who's Online

271 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 271

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits