Kalobotz
Xoops comments/issues
  • 2004/6/2 11:01

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/26

I have been using XOOPS 2.0.6 for a week now and had some issues and questions.

1. I really would like the option to allow my users to select if they don’t want to be seen online.
2. For the search engine in the forum; the basic search seems fine but in the “advanced search” can you put in an “all forums” option? Because, in the basic search you have to go once around before you can enter a username specific to the search and in the advanced you only get the option of searching one forum. Also, if I used the basic search with the user-name specific option I would be loosing the advanced search options.
3. Are there poll options in the forum? Would it be good to put in an announcement option as well as a sticky option?
4. With the xoops.org website; I have to log in every time I enter the site weather I close my browsers or not. I have "allow all cookies” set too Can you set session state so it doesn’t to do this or is it something else?
5. You’re kind of short on BB-code. I really would like the “numbered list” option etc.

Thanks

Kalobotz
Re: Xoops comments/issues
  • 2004/6/3 18:47

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Is anybody out there?

Dave_L
  • 2004/6/3 19:29

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

2. newbb version2, which should be released soon, has this feature.

3. I think newbb version 2 will have the poll feature.

4.http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsAutoLoginHack

Kalobotz
  • 2004/6/4 3:03

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, great! Sorry, I didn't see the newBB Mod in the mod dev page.
It looks to me that the forum feature is a newer thing in XOOPS and you guys are trying to create allot more features with it in overall design Good thinking. To me PHPBoard is limiting anyway. I like heaving threaded views as well as other minor functions PHPBB doesn’t offer. They expect you to mod that in all yourself and it gets sloppy and slow. The forum is the most important feature in CMS because it brings the site together as one. I like when you can use forum features in every facet of the CMS design. It becomes so genius. Especially if you’re a forum addict.

Ok, the link you showed me was a login hack for my site? I was asking about your site, Xoops.org. Would I be able to control your login stuff with this?

Might their be a temp hack I can pull with the pm to save messages sent?

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits