Racquel
Cloning a News Mod?
  • 2004/5/29 16:59

• Racquel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/29

Can the News Module be cloned? I would like to use a news block to post strictly recipes. I currently use the news block to post stories and would need the ability to have the recipes show up in one block and stories in the other. Any suggestions?

Mithrandir
Re: Cloning a News Mod?

Wouldn't it be better to have an actual articles module such as WF-Sections for the recipes? Would also allow your visitors to rate each recipe.

If you are set on wanting the News module to do both, I can recommend News 1.2 RC2 in which are two blocks - Recent News and Top News - which are basically the same, except for one sorting by publish date and the other by reads. This can be changed when editing the block's settings and you can restrict the block to only take stories from one or more topics. That way you can have one block with your normal announcements and another with recipes.

However, they will both be displayed on the front page, but this will be changed in later versions.

pballmama
Re: Cloning a News Mod?
  • 2004/6/3 17:03

• pballmama

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

HEY!!
Changing those two blocks settings is TERRIFIC! That was just what I was looking for and would have never found that easy fix if I hadn't read this thread........
What a great feature you included in the upgrade!!
THANKS..............

Login

Who's Online

287 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 287

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits