riaanvdb
Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/5/31 5:31

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hi All, I have released Beta7 of myReviews. No new features just bug fixes. You will be able to download at dev.xoops.org or www.craftsonline.co.za

Grotmis
Riaan

gauntlet
  • 2004/6/1 0:18

• gauntlet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/22

Haven't played with it much, but so far seems to be working great. Only thing I found so far is when you update, the version number doesn't change. I updated 2x as I wanted to see 2.17. I tested all the previous bugs and don't see any problems anymore. Very stable.

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/1 0:42

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

I just did a fresh install of the beta v7 and my module section shows it as 2.16 as well. Gonna start testing the crap outta this one too here in a minute.

I did get this error at the very bottom of the page that shows a module's compnents being installed:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: content in file modules/system/admin/modulesadmin/modulesadmin.php line 285

Dunno if that means anything though.

m0nty
  • 2004/6/1 1:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

u can change the version number in xoopsversion.php

haven't noticed any bugs as such..

the upload image works fine so far :)

the hall of fame is still showin just a plain blank screen, altho the columns are showing.. it's just nothing is outputted..

when there are no reviews, the icon legends on the index page are all bunched up to the left of the screen..

also i did 1 review so far as an example, and clicking the love it link under the review takes you to the top rating section but nothing is appearing in the list..

will try and see if can find anymore bugs.. but these are ones i noticed so far.. gonna do some testing with the uploads too, it works so far with images, but gonna give it a good work through to see if can spot any insecurities with it.. :)

excellent work so far tho :) i'm well pleased with how this module is progressin..

riaanvdb
  • 2004/6/1 7:22

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
excellent work so far tho :) i'm well pleased with how this module is progressin..

Thanks guys, I wanted to stabilize before I start adding new stuff to the module, it is almost usable now
I will look into the small things you pointed out and then start with the next release.

The love it link adds a pic to the review and is then available in the love at first sight blck.

Grotmis
Riaan

m0nty
  • 2004/6/3 14:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

everything seems to work ok, except the halloffame..

i'm still having problems with the templates though..

after they are generated, they still stay in the list saying they need to be generated..

i looked at xoopsversion.php and the filenames are myreviews_detailfile.html etc

but the filenames on the server are: myReviews_detailfile.html

notice the capital R

so 1st i changed in xoopsversion to make them with a R not r.. this failed and was still doing the same..

then i changed them back to normal so in xoopsversion i have myreviews_detailfile.html

and renamed the files in the templates folder to myreviews_detailfile.html (without the capital R)

this solved the problem of the generated files still saying they need to be generated :)

however, if u click to edit the template, it's empty!!! i've manually pasted the html from the template into the template manager itself in XOOPS admin, clicked submit and get the message that the database has been updated, but the html doesn't appear in the template again when u view the template..

here's what i've found so far, i can't tell any difference as such after the modifications..

for some reason i can't find any reference to myreviews_detailfile.html in detailfile.php ???? neither can i find any other reference to it other than in xoopsversion.php am i missing something?

-----------------
in file modfile.php

line 98: changed this to $xoopsOption['template_main'] = 'myreviews_modfile.html';

line 124:

$xoopsTpl->assign('file', array('id' => $lid, 'title' => $title, 'url' => $url, 'logourl' => $logourl, 'description' => $description, 'plataform' => $platform,'size' => $size,'homepage' => $homepage,'version' => $version));

i think is a typo on the word plataform.

should be??

$xoopsTpl->assign('file', array('id' => $lid, 'title' => $title, 'url' => $url, 'logourl' => $logourl, 'description' => $description, 'platform' => $platform,'size' => $size,'homepage' => $homepage,'version' => $version));

----------------------------------------
file: include/dlformatexcerpt.php

line 214:

$result100=$xoopsDB->query("SELECT excerpt FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("myreviews_excerpt")." WHERE lid = $lid");

should be:

$result100=$xoopsDB->query("SELECT excerpt FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("myReviews_excerpt")." WHERE lid = $lid");

----------------------------------

m0nty
  • 2004/6/3 15:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

well ok I lied on the above..

after doing those modifications, i updated the module.. and also the template files..

template: myreviews_halloffame.html
template: myreviews_modfile.html

went in and work perfectly..

template myreviews_detailfile.html gives this error when compiling > Mime Type not allowed (text/plain) hence it won't generate or compile..

since doing the mods and getting those templates working..

the Hall Of Fame also works perfectly too now

domineaux
  • 2004/6/3 22:17

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I've been watching this mod for a while.

How close to final release?

--------------------

m0nty
  • 2004/6/3 22:35

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

to be honest Dom,

I can't see it being much longer..

other than this hall of fame bug, we're strugglin to find any new bugs.

and i solved the hall of fame problem today :)

there seems to be a few bugs regarding the other blocks, like recommend it takes you to the bottom 10 ranked users etc.. but they shouldn't be that difficult to sort out really.

i've cured the detailfile.html error too on my server..
although i can't work out what it's actually used for.. seems to be for the comments system, but i can't work out where the hell it's activated.. i turned it on in modfile.php but still can't make comments..

but it's finally getting there :)

Tocpe
  • 2004/6/4 2:08

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

okay running v7 of the beta and I get the following errors via the XOOPS PHP debugger whenever I add a new review and if I approve a submitted review:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: version in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1159

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: platfrom in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1159

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: price in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1159

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: excerpt in file modules/myReviews/admin/index.php line 1165

sorry it took me so long to get around to actually testing the new version, my personal life has been kinda crazy lately.

You know, it'd be great it the admin had an image upload feature too.

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits