riaanvdb
Re: myReviews v2.1 module update!
  • 2004/5/18 7:46

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
Why does it say "[Insert Category/subCategory Name here] Bottom 10 (Rating)" when you list the "We Recommend" reviews from the Main menu? Shouldn't that be the top 10? Is it a typo in the Language file?

I will look into this, sounds like a typo.
Quote:

Hall of Fame doesn't appear to work, or is there a minimum number of reviews/ratings etc that need to be entered before a review can qualify for "Hall of Fame"? If there is a minimum. We need a page (other than a blank one) telling the users that no reviews qualify yet until at least one of the reviews qualifies for the Hall of Fame.

There needs to be at least 1 review done to show up in the hall of fame, I will add a description to say there are no reviews done. Good suggestion

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/18 14:43

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

Quote:
There needs to be at least 1 review done to show up in the hall of fame, I will add a description to say there are no reviews done.

hmmm... (scratching head) I've got a couple completed reviews but none of them show up in the hall of fame.

Got another possible bug. When you move a review from one category to another it's rating category description doesn't seem to carry over.

For example, (and to do this properly I need 1 more level of "the rabbit hole" ) I have an theme park attraction listed. And it has a whole bunch of reviews and ratings associated with it. Things like, "repeatability", "scare factor" etc. These have all had ratings registered with them. I also have a sub category under the attractions for retired attractions. It only contains a rating category of "classic factor".

When an attraction is retired, I'd like to move it into the retired subcategory and have all of it's previous rating categories carry over and the new one "classic factor" added to the rating categories.

Now as it stands it looks like the ratings themselves carry over, but the names of the older rating categories don't seem to show up. Any ideas?

I know of an easy work-around for this particular situation is to simple add "(Retired)" to the description. But that still diesn't solve the problem of being able to move ratings around, and also only having some of the rating categories showing up in certain categories.

hmmmm.... looks like this mighht be tricky.

m0nty
  • 2004/5/18 15:03

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

when submitting a review with an image to be uploaded, you get to the we have received your submission, you will receive an email once approved..

below that the following errors:

Warning [PHP]: stat failed for C:\\Documents and Settings\\vaughan\\Desktop\\gkangel.gif (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in file modules/myReviews/submit.php line 145
Warning [PHP]: Unable to open 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\vaughan\\Desktop\\gkangel.gif' for reading: No such file or directory in file modules/myReviews/submit.php line 164

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/19 5:50

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
when submitting a review with an image to be uploaded, you get to the we have received your submission, you will receive an email once approved..

below that the following errors:

Warning [PHP]: stat failed for C:\\Documents and Settings\\vaughan\\Desktop\\gkangel.gif (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in file modules/myReviews/submit.php line 145
Warning [PHP]: Unable to open 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\vaughan\\Desktop\\gkangel.gif' for reading: No such file or directory in file modules/myReviews/submit.php line 164

Hi m0nty, that is very weird the double backslash \\ in the path. This is definately the problem I think. I will do some digging, maybe it's ..... mmmmnnn a feature No! I will come back to you.

Grotmis
Riaan
CraftsOnline

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/19 6:04

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
hmmm... (scratching head) I've got a couple completed reviews but none of them show up in the hall of fame.

Any debug info?
Quote:

Got another possible bug. When you move a review from one category to another it's rating category description doesn't seem to carry over.

This is definately not a bug The rating categories is assigned to the category and not to the individual rating item. Moving the listings between categories is not advised at this stage. I will have to write some code that will transfer the ratings between categories. The problem is moving a listing between categories with totally different rating criteria that has already been assigned. I don't know if this makes sence?
Quote:

For example, (and to do this properly I need 1 more level of "the rabbit hole" )

I will dig a bit deeper!
Quote:

I have an theme park attraction listed. And it has a whole bunch of reviews and ratings associated with it. Things like, "repeatability", "scare factor" etc. These have all had ratings registered with them. I also have a sub category under the attractions for retired attractions. It only contains a rating category of "classic factor".

When an attraction is retired, I'd like to move it into the retired subcategory and have all of it's previous rating categories carry over and the new one "classic factor" added to the rating categories.

Now as it stands it looks like the ratings themselves carry over, but the names of the older rating categories don't seem to show up. Any ideas?

I know of an easy work-around for this particular situation is to simple add "(Retired)" to the description. But that still diesn't solve the problem of being able to move ratings around, and also only having some of the rating categories showing up in certain categories.

hmmmm.... looks like this mighht be tricky.

As you said tricky tricky tricky.. Will analyze it a bit and come up with a solution.

Grotmis
Riaan
CraftsOnline

m0nty
  • 2004/5/21 21:38

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

any news on the upload bug yet?

i've removed the standard image name form bit from the file so it only shows the upload and browse part..

i was thinkin it maybe to do with strpslashes as i can't see that command in the code, but i'm not a coder so i can't really comment on exactly what the fault is.

my partner has said, since we have now recruited a team of reviewers, would it be possible to have an admin option to disable certain groups from submitting, and if those groups aren't given permission then hide the submit link in the menu?

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/23 2:35

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

I don't get any debug info from XOOPS when I click on the Hall of Fame link. Just an empty content frame. My normal blocks and everything are there just nothing where the myReviews content should be...wierd.

Other than that it's rock solid as much as I can see.

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/24 5:56

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi m0nty
Quote:

m0nty wrote:
any news on the upload bug yet?

i've removed the standard image name form bit from the file so it only shows the upload and browse part..

i was thinkin it maybe to do with strpslashes as i can't see that command in the code, but i'm not a coder so i can't really comment on exactly what the fault is.

It is definately a strpslashes problem (I only found out about it this weekend) I will sort the problem for the new Beta. (I don't have a timeline yet, but will probably post the code on my site to fix the problem in this week.
Quote:

my partner has said, since we have now recruited a team of reviewers, would it be possible to have an admin option to disable certain groups from submitting, and if those groups aren't given permission then hide the submit link in the menu?

I will add this as a feature request (good idea)

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/5/24 6:02

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

Tocpe wrote:
I don't get any debug info from XOOPS when I click on the Hall of Fame link. Just an empty content frame. My normal blocks and everything are there just nothing where the myReviews content should be...wierd.

Other than that it's rock solid as much as I can see.

Hi Tocpe,

The hall of Fame uses core member functions, and Mithrandir has pointed me to the possible problem, haven't had a chance to look at it. Hectic at work will try and sort it before the next release.
I am glad the module is acting stable, it is alway difficult to sort every bug on different platforms that I am not able to simmulate. Hopefully the module will prove usefull to the XOOPS community.

Grotmis
Riaan

Tocpe
  • 2004/5/27 12:49

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

Hey Riaan,

Any news on the status of the next beta? I haven't been able to find any more bugs. And I'm ready to try to break the next release.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits