agf8623
What are the theme.html files for?
  • 2004/5/16 19:00

• agf8623

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/15

Okay, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I don't know how the theme.html files are used when my XOOPS site is generated.

For instance, I'm using the phpkaox theme (deleted the others). When ever I make a change in the phpkaox theme.html file, the change doesn't show up when I refresh my site. I've even deleted everything out of the theme.html file, then refreshed, just to see if the site crashes, but nothing, no change.

When I check my site's source code, I see that the phpkaox css file is referenced and that images from the phpkaox directory are being used, but table structures and color refs don't match the structure in the phpkaox theme.html file. Can anyone tell me when the theme.html file is used? I'm confused :P

tl
Re: What are the theme.html files for?
  • 2004/5/16 19:05

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Please check WIKI to get your answers. You should not have deleted the theme.html file. WIKI will tell you.

Xoops WIKI
Section 5. XOOPS theme developer's guide

TroubleshootingThemesChangesDontAppear

agf8623
  • 2004/5/16 19:08

• agf8623

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/15

bah, answered my own question... must learn to trust in documentation!

...If you are trying to edit the theme.html in your themes folder and nothing seems to be changed, be sure that you set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to "YES" in General Settings!!...

p.s. i only temporarily deleted the contents if the theme.html file, don't worry, I haven't destroyed my site... yet... hehehe

Quote:

tl wrote:
Please check WIKI to get your answers. You should not have deleted the theme.html file. WIKI will tel you.

Xoops WIKI

tl
  • 2004/5/16 19:11

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Well, you can always upload the theme.html file and re-do the changes.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits