ogimatik
Updating Special.
  • 2004/5/16 12:47

• ogimatik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/6

At first: my english won't be the best :)

Okay, ive got 2.0.3 running. While sum people say "never change a running system" i would like to update to 2.0.6.

Now, i have made sum changes in different files, for example the system talks personal with each user (in german, there's a difference between "You, my friend" and "You, Mr. Unknown"). Next, i have sum extra modules installed, which i do not want to loose. Same with some Blocks, individual blocks.

As far as i can see here, the only thing i have to do, is start my ftp client, and overwrite all files that come with the specific patches.

Before i do that i want to make sure, that nothing will be lost. So, when i update, will my individual blocks and stuff be there even AFTER updating ?!?

Sorry, but i really don't know ....

Thanks in advance,

Ogi

CBlue
Re: Updating Special.

You will need to use the patches starting with 2.0.4, 2.0.5 up to 2.0.6 if you just want to overwrite changed files. Otherwise, you could just use the full version of 2.0.6 but don't upload mainfile.php, protect that one because it has all your database settings.

After you either patch or upload a full version, make sure you go into modules admin and update all the modules there.

Mithrandir

If you have changed core files, the changes MAY be overwritten by the patches - but it should not be language files and definitely not module files.

ogimatik
  • 2004/5/17 9:58

• ogimatik

• Just popping in

Okay. Thk u so far.

So, all i have to do is:

- Download the patches in right order.

- Extract them.

- Upload THE WHOLE PATCH FOLDER in chronological order to the root directory and OVERWRITE ALL FILES which the FTP clients says he would like to overwrite now.

- After i have done that: There will my blocks (IMPORTANT!), my modules, my theme and the language modifications, right?

Sorry, i'm really not such a pro here ...

Ogi

ogimatik
  • 2004/5/18 18:15

• ogimatik

• Just popping in

Anybody here anymore? :)

Hello?

Please help me baby, one more time ...

Ogi

Mithrandir

Sorry for the reply time.

I am not entirely certain, which files have been changed since 2.0.3 to 2.0.6, so I cannot guarantee for sure that your modifications are not overwritten.

However, I am 95% certain that no MODULE files (including module language files) are overwritten - and 100% certain that no non-English language files will be overwritten as these are external add-ons.

English language files in the core (xoopsroot/language/english) *may* be overwritten, but since I cannot remember if any and which are changed and don't know if any and which you have changed, I cannot answer that question.

If you have changed block, module and system templates through the templates manager in system admin they will NOT be overwritten.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits