• 2004/5/16 23:52

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

dengage wrote:
Well, don't know what to do...

file - article.php

$xoopsTpl->assign('xoops_pagetitle', htmlentities(WFSECTION . '-' . $article->title()));

so, i use RUSSIAN language for naming articles and encoding WINDOWS-1251, after naming the document and going to view it i see in the title some ENCODING PROBLEM. So I see my document's name in bad encoding (hieroglyphs).

Need your help, cause I tried everything. The problem maybe is in htmlentities function...

Can you give me some examples that you would use in your title?

Contact me at catzwolf@wfsections.xoops2.com

EDIT:

I have found the reason for this:

In wfsection/admin/admin_header.php

Comment out/delete the lines at line 26:

if (file_exists("../language/" . $xoopsConfig['language'] . "/main.php"))
{
include_once("../language/" . $xoopsConfig['language'] . "/main.php");
}
else
{
include_once("../language/english/main.php");
}

Let me know if that makes any difference?

Brawn
Re: Encoding problem
  • 2004/5/17 8:06

• Brawn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/13

Great work Catz

I will install it today rightaway.

I have a question though (not a bug): the 'discuss in forum' link, how does it work? Does it create a topic automatically, or does the webmaster/moderator have to create one first?

And is are there many changes need to adjust wfsection to make this 'discuss in forum' option work for people using the IPB-M module (Invision Powerboard for Xoops)?

Talis
Loading Issue
  • 2004/5/17 10:12

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

I'm still running into the same problem I did with B2...

I can set the preferences and save them, get the 'Information has been Saved To The Database' screen and then it just sits there trying to load the WFSections Main Menu...

I've tried killing the browser, going back into Admin, cliking the icon for WFSections and then it still sits there trying to load the Main Menu.

Catzwolf
Re: Encoding problem
  • 2004/5/17 13:05

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Brawn wrote:
Great work Catz

I will install it today rightaway.

I have a question though (not a bug): the 'discuss in forum' link, how does it work? Does it create a topic automatically, or does the webmaster/moderator have to create one first?

The webmaster will have to create one first

Quote:

And is are there many changes need to adjust wfsection to make this 'discuss in forum' option work for people using the IPB-M module (Invision Powerboard for Xoops)?

I do not have IPB installed on my system at the moment. But I could change the script to allow for this at a later stage.

Catzwolf
Re: Loading Issue
  • 2004/5/17 13:06

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Talis wrote:
I'm still running into the same problem I did with B2...

I can set the preferences and save them, get the 'Information has been Saved To The Database' screen and then it just sits there trying to load the WFSections Main Menu...

I've tried killing the browser, going back into Admin, cliking the icon for WFSections and then it still sits there trying to load the Main Menu.

Is there any chance you could give me access to your website to have a look at what is going on here?

PM me ok?

EDIT:

Just had a look at your website and it seems you are still using the previous beta?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/17 22:15

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

I have had a few emails regarding this latest version of WF-Sections, mainly due to the fact that I have changed the database tables in this version.

I would like to point out to everyone who has downloaded this version (and the previous versions) that this module is a BETA version and NOT to be used on a production website.

If you are unsure of what the term BETA means then please do not download this module yet and install it on your production/fully working website, but please wait until I release a full version of this module instead.

I may/could/possibly will make changes to this module that will render the previous version un-workable, ie by changing the database structure etc and this cannot be helped when trying to get a module stable.

So please do not email me stating that the new version does not work when updating from one beta to another due to the fact that I have made changes.

Many thanks in advance.

Catz

Talis
  • 2004/5/17 22:47

• Talis

• Just popping in

Yes - I'm still using Beta v2. I downloaded B3 this morning, uninstalled B2, DELETED B2 from my server and then installed B3 but it came up with the same issue so I went back to B2 since I had backed up the Database before uninstalling B2.

I understand the rules for BETAs (being an author myself) but the best way for me to test is to have my users do it and I only have 4 documents anyway and won't be adding anymore until the release version comes out.

The module itself works - from the user's side, it's just the Admin side that I have the loading issue with.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/17 22:57

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Talis wrote:
Yes - I'm still using Beta v2. I downloaded B3 this morning, uninstalled B2, DELETED B2 from my server and then installed B3 but it came up with the same issue so I went back to B2 since I had backed up the Database before uninstalling B2.

I understand the rules for BETAs (being an author myself) but the best way for me to test is to have my users do it and I only have 4 documents anyway and won't be adding anymore until the release version comes out.

The module itself works - from the user's side, it's just the Admin side that I have the loading issue with.

@Talis:

This statment wasn't aimed at you my friend

Talis
  • 2004/5/17 23:05

• Talis

• Just popping in

Oh, I understand Catzwolf.

I just wanted to state what I did so no one else would think that it was directed at me.

brash
  • 2004/5/17 23:08

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Looks like you've done a bit of work Catz

In a 15 minute overview I only found a few things, all of which were present in B2 so I'd say you just haven't got to them yet.

(1) Document Download menu in WF-Section admin takes me to a blank screen

(2) Importing of a word doc from the Import HTML menu from a W2K/Word 2000 and WXP/WordXP based machine still brings an "Unable to instantiate application object" error.

(3) Spotlight article appears to strip images from the doc, and also even if you have the image set to blank it still seems to offset the article text as if the image were there, just not displayed.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits