TwACharmed
I have this weird problem
  • 2004/5/3 18:24

• TwACharmed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/3 1

i prolly add this in wrong place but im so lost right now :( ... sometimes i cant be able to see the blocks on the left side, when i try to log on to my xoop site.. today i had to reformate my computer and now i cant even log in to the admin .. does anyone know what i shall do. i ahd a nukesite before but saw this xoop and wanted it cuz it looked great but now i have big problems :( .. this is my site urlhttp://thewarangel.net/TwA/modules/news/ and it do same on another xoop site i have ... i dont want to lose this so i hope there is something i can do to be able to fix it ...

Stewdio
Re: I have this weird problem
  • 2004/5/3 18:55

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Reupload your theme from your local copy, it looks like you have a corrupted file causing your tables to be messed up in the theme.

I downloaded and installed this theme and and showed no problems on my site.

The theme can be downloaded again from www.4thefort.com if you no longer have the original.

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/3 18:59

• Stewdio

Also, you can go to yoursite.com/user.php to log in if you have problems

Based on what I saw, the author included template files as well. IF you followed the directions and set your default template along with this theme, then I suggest logging in and going into your admin and changes the template used back to the default.

One error in coding in your template files can cause things to dissapear like that.

TwACharmed
  • 2004/5/4 5:57

• TwACharmed

• Just popping in

hey again .. i tryed that but it didnt workt, so i deleted all themes i had uploaded and then set it on default and the theme phpkaox, but still doing same. i did something so i was able to log into the admin, but cant see that i should have done anything wrong in the settings... can it be that the Fantastico my webhost have causing this, cuz the Fantastico dont work in my cpanel.. i am also going to try do like this, to upload the xoop from here and then install it without using the Fantastico and see if this still gimme problems.. the only thing i wonder now is this.. if i get this to work, am i able to download all the modules included the forum to my desktop and then upload them to the new one, if it works ?

TwACharmed
  • 2004/5/4 8:28

• TwACharmed

• Just popping in

i showed this pichttp://www.thewarangels.com/nuke/modules/uploads/uploads/files/blocksadmin.JPG for a guy and he said that it is this that cause that i cant see the blocks on the sides.. how am i able to fix this, if this is the problem .. as u can see i am not able to view the blocks i have

WPCBlaze
  • 2004/5/4 8:33

• WPCBlaze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/8 2

i've had sort of the same problem before , the only way i fixed it was to redo the whole site

CBlue

The webhost I used before my current one, had Fantastico installed into my Cpanel. The whole time I was with that webhost, I had to reupload files all the time because they would end up being smaller on the server than in my original copy of xoops. I never had that problem with my current host or ones before that didn't have Fantastico. So I believe, from my own experience anyway, that Fantastico affects your server whether or not you use it to upload your xoops/cms's using it.

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/4 11:12

• Stewdio

Quote:

TwACharmed wrote:

<snip>
i am also going to try do like this, to upload the xoop from here and then install it without using the Fantastico and see if this still gimme problems..

This is your best bet. Very early in the game, I found that Fantasico is not the best solution for installing Xoops. Mainly because I found out through trial and error, that some permissions are given to the root of the server, and not the site user. I was unable to upload certain files, because they were marked as not being allowed to be over written, despite me putting all the permissions to me.

The only solution was to delete any files that were being replaced for an XOOPS upgrade before uploading the files. As you can see, this is purely hellish from an administration standpoint because you have to check every single file you are replacing. At least this was the case for me)

In the end, I did exactly as you suggested, uploaded and ran the installation script myself, and have never run into a single problem again in terms of permissions with Fantasico. I can't say the same for file sizes, I just never gave it enough time to notice.

My current host uses Scripta for XOOPS install and various others. I still went the manual route never to trust any 3rd party script to install my files again.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out!

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits