Bender
Re: Let's Get Single Login Working
  • 2004/5/5 19:47

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Well i just did some quick reading into this and generally the idea seems very good to me.

Especially support for Active Directory in a later state would open a lot of doors in companies for XOOPS i think.
And to be (one of?) the first cms to offer this would even increase this advantage i guess.

Still one question about the CAS authorisation. When used to allow authentication for several websites: What happens when the CAS server is down/unavailable/whatsoever. This would lead to the problem that a user possibly canĀ“t login to all sites using CAS at the time, right?
(as long as there is no backup server. In the documents i read about CAS use at Yale university i found no mentioning of this at all)

WarDick
  • 2004/5/6 1:13

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

I believe that it could work like this.

If the authentication server were down your would get an invalid login.

Then the user would get redirected to the lost password - register now page just as you do now.

The worst that would happen would be to lose your multiple application - multiply site login features.

It would be just like it is now!

I see no effect on the overall operations only the loss of convenience.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this post.

I have been busy getting my CAS server running. I have it installed now and just about have it working. It will be available to all when operational for testing and debugging their code.

tom
  • 2004/5/9 15:17

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

This sounds very facinating and I look forward to seeing much progress, at present I will continue to pay for the development of the current module, as I'm in dire need for this.

One question, I've not had time to research all you have posted and the in's and out's of how this all works, but how would this work with multiply sites of thousands of users currently there, would it merge them, as you cannot have two seperate users from two sites with the same username, you would need to make alterations including the UID for all other modules to which that member may of posted?

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits