korbeeck
Forum access
  • 2004/4/28 12:10

• korbeeck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/13

Hi there,
 I have a question about the newbb module which is distributed with XOOPS.
 Is it possible to make the most forums visible to anyone (also anonymous visitors) and make a couple of forums only accessible for registered users?
 I have now set the group rights so that everyone can view the forums and only registered users can post messages. And I have created a private forum which isn't visible for the anonymous users. But this isn't the nicest solution, because I have a lot of users and I must set the access rights and can post property for every new user individually (I used a simple SQL UPDATE statement when I created this private forum).
 Does anyone know a better solution?
Thanks in advance,
bye bye,

Joris,
webmaster Outdoors, as a tool for Personal Development website (http://outdoors.jongerenprojecten.nl/)

DonXoop
Re: Forum access

It sounds like you've applied the Private Forum hack? If you change the preferences to Group access control vs User access you can more easily control it. Then just create a group with the desired users (no need to check any other options in Groups) and control them in Forums en mass.

phppp
  • 2004/4/28 15:44

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

The new bb is coming, in days or in weeks

korbeeck
  • 2004/5/28 13:08

• korbeeck

• Just popping in

Hello DonXoop,

Quote:
It sounds like you've applied the Private Forum hack? If you change the preferences to Group access control vs User access you can more easily control it. Then just create a group with the desired users (no need to check any other options in Groups) and control them in Forums en mass.

Is didn’t applied the Private Forum hack at all. I only use a private forum at the moment to create a forum which is only accessible for registered users. But it’s a lot of work to add every new user to the access list of this private forum.
 So maybe there is another more easy way to do this? I didn’t find the option where I could change Group access versus User access. Could you explain this to me?
Thanks in advance,
cheers,

Joris,
webmaster Outdoors, as a tool for Personal Development website (http://outdoors.jongerenprojecten.nl/)

korbeeck
  • 2004/5/28 13:10

• korbeeck

• Just popping in

Hello phppp,

Quote:
The new bb is coming, in days or in weeks

Is this new version of newbb already available?
Greetings,

Joris,

zer0fill
  • 2004/5/31 6:04

• zer0fill

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/2

The beta is available. v2.01b was released 2004/5/17. Hopefully they ironed out all the bugs and are going though final checks.

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits