• Since:

xoops is installed.. but i go back to

"WHERE do you edit it your entire site!!!!!!!!!!!?"

i thought id understand when it was installed and
see what its like but, LOL i cant even see where
i would make my site.

damn this...

Mithrandir
Re: xoops is installed.. but i go back....

In the administration menu there are a number of settings in the "system admin" - one of which is "modules" from where you install, update or uninstall modules

"Blocks" sets the position of various available blocks (system blocks as well as module blocks) and in "Groups" you can edit the permissions for each group (setting, which modules and blocks are accessible for each group)

There should be some modules in the XOOPS package and there are many more in the downloads section here on the site, which you can download, unpack and upload to the modules folder on your server and then they should be available for installation through the aforementioned system admin -> modules.

Play around with it and see, if it makes more sense now.

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/26 10:48

• Anonymous

• Since:

yeh, thanks i just installed all the modules
that come with xoops.

now how do i view my site and play around with
where i want my modules, themes, colours, adding
links text, EVERYTHING!

- max

p.s. how do i view my site?

Mithrandir

You cannot position modules - you can, however, position blocks (which is called a module in Mambo terms - just to add to the confusion) which as I said is done in system admin -> blocks

Themes ARE colours and also overall positioning - which is not editable from XOOPS interface, but can be done on your local machine by opening up theme.html and style.css of the theme, you want to change.

If you don't know how to view your site, how on Earth managed you to go to admin menu and install modules?

I can't help you any more, if you ask questions as to how you play around or how to do "Everything"

bmmolloy
  • 2004/4/26 14:19

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

max100,

The easiest way to admin your site that I have found is to open up two IE windows. Openhttp://www.yourXOOPSsite.com/admin.php in one, and in the other, openhttp://www.yourXOOPSsite.com.

Play with the settings in the admin section, then go and refresh your XOOPS page and see what your changes look like. It takes a while to play with it to see what everything does. My advice would be to spend a couple of hours browsing through the Beginner's Corner to see what kind of questions those people had.

I'm new to XOOPS myself, but after about 2 weeks, I know pretty much how to develop a site from the ground up now... All from help from this community.

Hope this helps...

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits