amgeex
Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2004/4/25 18:11

• amgeex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/25

I get this during the install. But in the previous screen it tells me everything is writable and that threre are no errors. What do I do? It tells me to check the file's permissions, how do I do this? I'm running WinXP Pro, IIS 5.1, PHP 4.3.6 and MySQL 4.

Help Appreciated.

Mithrandir
Re: Cannot write to mainfile.php

In your favourite FTP client, open the FTP connection to your site and right-click the mainfile.php, which is in the root of your XOOPS installation, and go to properties (possibly "permissions").

Check that the permissions are set to writable (i.e. non-readonly) - after successful installation, set the permissions back to read-only.

I don't know, why it says that everything is ok and then report an error, so if it is indeed writable from what you can see with the FTP client, please re-post.

CBlue

666 or all blocks checked for read and write for your mainfile.php file permissions.

amgeex
  • 2004/4/25 18:26

• amgeex

• Just popping in

OK, the file is writeable alright, but I keep getting the same error. Could this have something to do with IIS? I'm using a local installation btw. And I've set the permissions in IIS to be all writeable.

At the top of the page it shows this:

Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\webroot\kouyou\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52

Mithrandir

Is there a chance of you trying to go Apache instead? I have yet to encounter problems with my Apache webserver (hosted on my 256 MB RAM Celeron Laptop)

amgeex
  • 2004/4/25 19:04

• amgeex

• Just popping in

I know apache is an overall better server, but I've found it hard to use. I think that I'm not up to the challenge. Is there an "easy" version or distro of Apache?

Mithrandir

www.apachefriends.org

XAMPP works very well for me - including MySQL database etc. and quite easy to setup.

amgeex
  • 2004/4/25 19:52

• amgeex

• Just popping in

Thanks a lot, I'll check it out!!

jctsup1
  • 2004/4/29 20:23

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

The IUSR account must have Modify rights to mainfile.php

Kaustik
  • 2004/5/5 1:11

• Kaustik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/1 1

Hey,

I'm having the same problem as Amgeex, running the same IIS with PHP 4 and MySQL 4 on a local computer. The file is definitely writable; in fact everything is writable in my website. And yet the thing still isn't working. I think I've given IUSR modify rights, but I'm not sure where I can access the rights of IUSR directly.

Anyway, I am guessing that it either has something to do with the fact that IIS has extra security measures that don't allow someone to modify a file from within another file, or open a stream from another file. Either that, or there is something that IIS doesn't like about the paths that mainfilemanager.php uses for its copy command:

var $path = '../mainfile.php';
     var $distfile = '../mainfile.dist.php';

function copyDistFile(){
            if ( ! copy($this->distfile, $this->path) ) {

I suppose the third problem could be that the copy command is for some reason rejected by IIS (as too risky?).

Has anyone else found copy() a problem with IIS? Does anyone know how to get around this and still use IIS?

Thanks,

Matt

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits