420web
Looking to expand my site.... But in a new way...
  • 2004/4/21 17:21

• 420web

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/21

Hey all, I want to know if there are any downloads available, any where, that allow a full FLASH-XOOPS site. I want to convert the site to FLASH, and at the same time use the same database.

TO THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM - are there public scripting codes available, or example full flash-xoops sites, in the .fla format that I could work off of to acheive this? Or is it even possible?

I know there are scripts out there, and I think that I have saw it in some portions of websites containing Xoops.

I would like my site viewers to view the site in the regular way (like this) or have the choice to view it in a way that's more animated, in flash.

If there is anything out there, tutorials, full sites [containing the .fla(s)], they would help greatly. I am a flash designer, however I have not yet experimented with the FLASH-XOOPS site concept yet. I have had this Idea in my mind for some time now, and would like to know if this would work.

Mithrandir
Re: Looking to expand my site.... But in a new way...

I have no knowledge about Flash, unfortunately.

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your site, but you don't have to double-post to get our attention

ackbarr

Like Mithrandir - I have no direct Flash experience, but AFAIK a flash file can use the LoadVars function to retrieve flash variables from a server-side script. This capability + xoops's ability to customize server output using smarty should be enough to make a flash based xoops-site.

The first couple of results look very helpful: Google: Flash + PHP/Mysql

420web
  • 2004/4/23 22:53

• 420web

• Just popping in

Thanks guys, the double post is to ensure that other fans of flash, and the XOOPS project, who may know of other ways to encorperate flash to Xoops. If there is anyone willing to help out with this please contact me thru PM here on the site, Thanks.

As for the search info supplied, I will be checking that out... Hopefully I can get things going nice, and convert some modules to Flash-PHP, Who knows if they all work our I will start submitting some of my work to the many fans of the XOOPS project.

Mithrandir

The problem with double posts is that it
a) Take up twice the space in the new posts block on the front page, thus shoving other threads to the bottom or out of the block
b) Divides the answers in two threads, meaning that people may answer the question twice or that you will have to piece the information together - all in all a waste of time for you and for the people responding.

So if you would not do it in the future, we would be very obliged

420web
  • 2004/4/23 23:10

• 420web

• Just popping in

No prob Mithrandir, just that some forums dont offer the feature of displaying in other parts of the site, and sometimes those forum boards dont get as much attention by all the users. But no more Doubles, got no probs with that.

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (177 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits