Ballie
How do I download XOOPS documentation ?
  • 2004/4/17 13:58

• Ballie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/17

(Probably an extremely stupid question, but I looked around and didn't find anything.)
Where do I find a downloadable version of the XOOPS documentation (both the development documenation and the user documentation) ?

I like the wiki a lot, but during the weekend I can't be online, so the wiki isn't of any use for me at those days.

Thank you.
Ballie

CBlue
Re: How do I download XOOPS documentation ?

You can just use your browser to save it to your hard drive. Click file, save page as and it will save everything to your hard drive and you can then view it offline later.

kahumbu
  • 2004/4/17 14:10

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

The Documentation Team is still working on some help documents for download. We've just released a document, "Visual Introduction to XOOPS", which is available in different formats. You can see it at the left column.

I guess, the wiki will do for now. But, rest assured, the team is working on more XOOPS documentation.

Ballie
  • 2004/4/18 18:09

• Ballie

• Just popping in

Thank you both for the reply.

I like the Visual Introduction, but it does not really go into the details. The content of the wiki is great, but the format does not really suite people like me.
Isn't a wiki able to generate static pages of all its content (and make them downloadable) ?

For now I'll grap a "site-downloader", and try to suck the whole wiki to my harddisk. I hope it doesn't explode

Herko
  • 2004/4/18 18:17

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Ballie wrote:
For now I'll grap a "site-downloader", and try to suck the whole wiki to my harddisk. I hope it doesn't explode

DONT! DONT! SInce the wiki is a very dynamic environment, you can't download it with a grabber. A few people have tried this, and gave the server quite a bit of work. Too much work, really. We've blocked robots from the wiki pages, so it probably won't connect, but I'd advise you not to try.

Herko

Ballie
  • 2004/4/18 18:22

• Ballie

• Just popping in

What a fast reply! Just in time to stop me.

I'm so anxious to tryout xoops, that I didn't want to wait till the end of the weekend.

davidl2
  • 2004/4/18 18:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

the visual guide is pretty helpful - but ask here if u get stuck (but please try search first! :)

ajaxbr
  • 2004/4/18 21:12

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Would it be ok to copy and paste other pages contents to a big, fat, one page wiki? If so, check this first attempt at an OnePageWiki for XOOPS. If not, well... sorry

Herko
  • 2004/4/18 21:15

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

sure it would It'll be a b*tch to update tho... I'll send a copy to the docs team as well

Herko

ajaxbr
  • 2004/4/18 21:41

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Hmmm gotta check wheter wakka has max page size limits, cuz it's cropping the big fat humongous page's end.

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits