florin
Can't write in the database anymore
  • 2004/4/17 12:49

• florin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

Hi,

I had my complete XOOPS system up-and-running, everything was working fine.

But since a few days none of the modules can store data in the database. Only by means of the PhpMyAdmin module I can store/edit data in the database.

My internet provider claims that nothing has been changed and doesn't want to provide any support at all.

I don't understand why the PhpMyAdmin module is working fine and all the other modules doesn't want to store/edit data in the database.

In the error log file of my domain I see the following error message comming by:

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): 1 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /..../class/database/mysqldatabase.php on line 226

Please help me, any suggestion on how to fix this problem asap is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Florin

CBlue
Re: Can't write in the database anymore

In PhpMyAdmin, you have checked each table individually and there is no errors there? No tables that need repair? Since it is all modules that won't work right with the database, then it would suggest a MySQL error.

CBlue

Another thing to check would be to look at all your files on your server and compare them with the originals and may sure none of the files are corrupted. Your webhost people may have done some kind of work on your server that corrupted some files or even your database.

florin
  • 2004/4/17 13:28

• florin

• Just popping in

Hi CBlue,

I checked the database via the phpmyadmin module, all tables seems to be fine. For example I manually added a news topic to inform the people that the site has some problems at the moment.

I also restored the backup of my files, but the problem remains.

So as you can see, I don't have a clue what can be wrong, but still it doesn't work

CBlue

Can you try backing up your XOOPS database through your control panel's backup feature, then upload the saved backup copy to recreate the database again? This is just a suggestion but maybe this will help. Also you could try reinstalling your XOOPS installation and then uploading your database backup. Starting a fresh installation may fix your problem. But just make sure you have your XOOPS database backed up first.

DonXoop

For clarification, you are using the *same* user/pass in phpmyadmin as your XOOPS install? Just making sure so we can know it isn't a rights issue.

It is only writing, viewing pages is fine? People can login? If you have gzip compression turned on, turn it off.

In phpmyadmin you might try selecting all tables and doing a Repair. Note any messages.

While in the db you might look to see if any session data has been written. if it has then you do have write access.

You could run a phpinfo() on your site and note all the versions and options in use. Create a .php file anywhere under the XOOPS dirs with one line:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Some things to look for: php & apache versions, MySQL client version, zlib options, any accelerators installed.

florin
  • 2004/4/17 15:33

• florin

• Just popping in

Quote:

CBlue wrote:
Can you try backing up your XOOPS database through your control panel's backup feature,

I made a complete backup via PhpMyAdmin, deleted all the tables and executed the SQL backup file which I made.

And guess what, it seems to be working again.

In PhpMyAdmin I still have the following error message:

The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated.

Does this sound familiar to you? is it something I have to worry about?

Thanks for your help so far,

Kind regards,

Florin

florin
  • 2004/4/17 15:40

• florin

• Just popping in

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
For clarification, you are using the *same* user/pass in phpmyadmin as your XOOPS install? Just making sure so we can know it isn't a rights issue.

Some things to look for: php & apache versions, MySQL client version, zlib options, any accelerators installed.

Yes, they are using the same user/pass as xoops, since it is a XOOPS module.

As you can read in the reply to CBlue I deleted+restored all my tables and this seems to solve the problem (don't ask me why, I hope you can explain it).

I made the php info page, so if you want to look on it surf to: click here

In my PhpMyAdmin module I only still have the following error message:

The additional Features for working with linked Tables have been deactivated.

With as extra information:

PMA Database ... not OK [ Documentation ]
General relation features Disabled

Does this sound familiar to you? Is it something I have to worry about?

Thanks for your help so far,

Kind regards,

Florin

kahumbu
  • 2004/4/17 15:52

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry too much about that message. I find that in my home setup of phpMyAdmin. I think it's an issue between MySQL and phpMyAdmin, and not exactly with XOOPS. My XOOPS set up runs fine with those phpMyAdmin messages.

Hmmm... come to think of it, I may have ignored that message for far too long.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits