MontyP
Problem with downloads section
  • 2004/4/13 20:07

• MontyP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/23

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I've been searching and haven't found anything pertaining to my situation:

I'm trying to set up the downloads on my site but when files are clicked on for download I get a 404 error "File not found". i see the following in the browser status windows which I have noticed is different for other download sites regarding the path to my download:

http://cyberpron.com/index/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?cid=1&lid=2&PHPSESSID=688b3105404b5e589c42a40671580ec7

The actual path listed in the module exists off my root directory as it seems is should. I'v also tried different paths withing the module itself as well as the public_ftp directory, etc.

I'm using XOOPS 2.0.6 and an upgrade to myDownloads - v1.2 i found in the forums - however i had the same problems before i upgraded the module.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...thx!

nate

CBlue
Re: Problem with downloads section

See if this helps:

Go to system admin > preferences > general settings. Browse down to where it says to use or not use custom sessions. Turn off custom sessions and then try to download the file again.

Also, are you sure the url for the download points to where you have the download stored on your server?

MontyP
  • 2004/4/14 0:59

• MontyP

• Just popping in

that half solved my problem.

i found it would work if i listed the Download URL in the form of:

ftp://[admin signon]:[admin pw]@domain.com/pathtofile/filename.zip

is this how it's supposed to be or is there some other syntax i'm missing?

i tried with anonymous ftp signon in similar fashion as well as other ftp accounts but would only work with system admin account. also, there's only so much room to put in the url field.

i looked for some sort of tutorial for setting up downloads for like 2 days and haven't found anything that helps thusfar :(

myc1229
  • 2004/4/14 1:23

• myc1229

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/10

put the file under a directory, and give everyone read access to that directory, also the file needs to be within your web/html directory

MontyP
  • 2004/4/14 3:41

• MontyP

• Just popping in

did that and still not working. let me rephrase my question here:

what is the normal syntax for the "Download URL:" entry in the file info for the download module? Is it in the form of "ftp" or "html"?

thx

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits