TheFinni
display proper HTML in block from MySQL updated by SPAW
  • 2004/4/11 7:04

• TheFinni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

Hello,
I did post my problem in the Q & A section of this XOOPS forum but I'm afraid I haven't got any responses. Maybe the Q & A was the wrong secion since my question is a little bit more specific. So I'm trying here instead and want to expand on the explanation a little:

Here it goes:

I have modified the newsblock to show the intro text (DB: alias hometext) instead of just the title...

I am using the Spaw editor and have used some HTML tags in my intro text. Unfortunately the nesblock doesn't display these as they should. Instead it's displayed as code with tags. I.e This is a news item that is very <STRONG>important</STRONG>!

The reason for this seems to be how Smarty handles the retrival of the MySQL content...(I think?) Because instead of using the < and > it uses the ascii equvailent that posts the content to the blocks wrong.

How can I change this? It seems like the db content is read fine in the article section of the news module. So if I can just figure out how to change the blocks to do this I will be rock and rolling.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Login

Who's Online

106 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 106

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits