ladon
Zmagazine - A WF-Section hack
  • 2004/4/9 23:00

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

Hi all xoopsers,

Zmagazine is a hack of WF-Section to give it the look of Draven's hacked WF-Section. Including spotlight and display hacks. It can run next to Wf-Section, it has a different name and tables (added columns as well).

A while ago I came across Draven's site: www.gaining-mass.com. Like most xoopsers around I thought it was a great site. It had some nice (module)hacks.

I needed an articles module that looked like draven's hacked wf-section module. I know Catzwolf is working on a new version of this module but I wanted this asap so I started working on it. At first there were only some hacks, in the end i was adding columns to the tables to put in some extra options. I renamed it for my site and I figured that it would be little trouble to rename the tables so other xoopsers could use this module as well.

Most important changes:
- A spotlight section is added. It is possible to show a number of articles above the category listing. This can be done by checking a checkbox in the article creation/edit screen. The spotlight section can be turned off or on in the main config.
- Spacer images can be turned off or on.
- Changed some default options in main config.
- Included archive link (can be turned off or on, if there is no archive link, the category title will have that
function)
- Changed lay-out of both main index and category index.
- Overall the main index looks like draven's wf-section.

If you want to use this module remember, i'm not a coder. It might be that the code is a little messy But it al seems te work as it should.

Unfortunately I don’t have a website running atm to show it running :( Maybe if someone is interested in the module and puts it up he or she can give a link. It will be at least a month or two before I have a host.

look here for some screenshots. The theme used is just for development, don't pay any attention to that

download Zmagazine here (only works with "Save target as"!!!!)

limecity
Re: Zmagazine - A WF-Section hack
  • 2004/4/10 4:18

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

can this hack show like gaining mass's front page?

i mean the 8 different category of news?

ladon
  • 2004/4/11 0:34

• ladon

• Quite a regular

No, thats a whole different module (news), this is a modification of WF-Section.

Showing news per category isn't to hard it will will only require a small modification. If you can code a little php all you need to do is add an options in /modules/news/block_top.php and create a few extra blocks (html files). At least as much as the number of categorys you want to show.

I believe that Mithrandir (and others are working on this) but you could quickly add this function yourself. If you want me to tell you how to make this send me a PM. Since I already have something like this I could also make something for you if you want

Draven
  • 2004/4/11 3:09

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Nice job, I'm flattered.

ladon
  • 2004/4/11 10:27

• ladon

• Quite a regular

Thank you, I hope some xoopsers will find this hack usefull.

JackJ
  • 2004/4/11 15:51

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Wow, this is brilliant, the missing ingredient in wfsections.

great work, I am trying it out on my test site.

carnuke
  • 2004/4/11 16:23

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

If Draven says...Quote:
Nice job, I'm flattered.
That's kudos to you

Very impressive hack and clever use of features. Because it uses different tables I'm tempted to use it myself.

Richard

ladon
  • 2004/4/12 0:53

• ladon

• Quite a regular

thank you Jackj and Carnuke. I see Jackj has it running on his website atm, so if anyone want's to see it please gohttp://www.macambridge.com/ As said before, I haven't got hosting myself atm.

btw, this might be a stupid question. but what does "kudos" mean?

limecity
  • 2004/4/12 8:47

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

from what i know..
Kudos is somesort of a boardgame..

btw.. does anyone ahve the smarty template for www.macambridge.com .. i like the way he got the USERprofile template... nice and neat and short..

http://www.macambridge.com/userinfo.php?uid=1

available to download?

JackJ
  • 2004/4/12 9:19

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

catscity

Its the x2t theme, the templates are in the tar file your extras folder in your XOOPS download..

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (174 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits