kaliman
keep record of reading progress within xoops content
  • 2004/4/3 3:55

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

Hi
I'm trying to give people the oportunity to keep a record of their online Bible readings, this is, when a reader has finished a chapter (in example), he/she would be able to "mark" it and therefore notice how has he advance.
I'm alredy dividing the Bible in small (readable) html pages, in case it helps.

I have been looking at tutorial modules, but any tip or suggestin would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Stewdio
Re: keep record of reading progress within xoops content
  • 2004/4/3 4:16

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Depending on how you have integrated your bible pages into Xoops, you could enable the notifiactions feature to allow people the chance to bookmark pages they are on. They would then be able to access these bookmarks in their user profile.

You can test it on the site here if you like, it works well in the forums for refering to repetitive tasks that can get lost easily and saves on searching for items over and over again.

kaliman
  • 2004/4/3 15:18

• kaliman

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/17

Thank you Stewdio:

I was thinking of something like a "completed task" signal:
Imagine this is the "Index" of the content:

- Book 1 :: progress = x%
+Chap 1:: completed
+Chap 2:: Completed
+Chap 3:: Not Completed
etc.

In this case it is the Bible, but something like this coud help you keep track of tutorials for example. It is like keeping your advence in a project, in this case readings, in a tutorial this could be exercises. Well, thank you again for your advise.

Stewdio
  • 2004/4/3 15:31

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Sounds like a good idea. My earlier suggestion isn't quite as powerfull as your demo suggests. I don't think anything exist where you could have that capability built right in out of the box, but it's possible someone might find it interesting enough to add to their modules or base an antirely module off of it.

WFSections, XFSections and Soapbox come to mind as the best models to integrate something like this.

I really like that idea, do you happen to know of any pre-existing scripts that might be abale to handle this? If so, providing some links to download the source would be great!

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits