m0nty
module required
  • 2004/3/18 19:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'm after a module where users can submit reviews of clubbing events and cd releases..

being able to create seperate categories and have them indexed on the module index page would be idea..

ideally the admin shud be able to name each field on a category basis..

ie for cd reviews:

1. Title of cd (text box)
2. Artist (text box)
3. number of cd's in collection (numeric value)
4. your rating (1 - 20) (selection box)
5. other info (text area)

+ members should be able to post comments on each review.

club reviews:

1. name of club/event (text box)
2. date of event (date form)
2. rating (1 - 20) (selection box)
3. other info (text area)

ideally you should be able to view each category by rating
or alphabetical order etc)

if anybody could make me such module (money no object)

or point to a module which could easily do the job with little conversion..

i've tried the myreviews module, but it's not the style or kind of review module i was looking for..

riaanvdb
Re: module required
  • 2004/4/5 6:57

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

Hi m0nty, I am currently enhancing the myReview module and would like to use your input to drive the process forward. Would you be interested in testing the module? Are you looking at something like the Censura review module that is not open source?

Grotmis
Riaan
http://www.craftsonline.co.za

m0nty
  • 2004/4/5 16:07

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi rian and thanks for the reply.

i've not seen the censura review so i'm not sure..

in addition i'd like to be able to submit an image on the review.. either that or allow html to be used even a wysiwyg editor for the info box would be ideal..

have you got a link where i can see censura in action and i'll let you know..

on the other note, yes i would be interested in testing your enhanced module.. let me know..

thanks again

Vaughan
http://www.clubithard.com

ajaxbr
  • 2004/4/5 17:56

• ajaxbr

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/25

Hi there.
I'm currently hacking the MyDownloads module to make it a books module... ratings, comments, categories, suggest modification, sort orders, what's popular block, all these are already built in the normal version, I'm just creating some new fields and this kind of small stuff. If you could please take a look at the normal module's features and tell me whatever you need that isn't there, I'd try to put it in my version. Don't expect much, I'm no real coder, but perhaps what you need is just there

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/6 5:59

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi ajaxbr, the myReviews module is an adaptation of the myDownloads module, so you are right the base programming in that module is suited for reviews. I would like to take a look at what you have done with the module. Hopefully I would have stabilized the reviews module in the not to distant future.

Grotmis
Riaan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/6 6:02

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi m0nty, censura is not a XOOPS module, but a standalone php program, their lik is:
http://www.incursio.com/products/censura/index.html

limecity
  • 2004/4/6 9:55

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

riaanvdb,
i am very looking forward to your module.. if you successfully include those features on the first post..
There is a module like this but.. the developement of it is dead i think.. cdbase module..

Meta1
  • 2004/4/6 14:19

• Meta1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

Hello riaanvdb,

I would be would be forever in your debt if I was able to test your version of myReviews. I have been scouring the net for the latest version to no avail. My main issue is allowing registered users to add their own reviews. The only working version of the mod I found lacks this functionality. My second issue is being able to add statistics in addition to the rating bars.

This mod will basically drive my web site: Forum Ratings
(It's mostly there, but I'm still working on some graphics)

Please keep me updated.

m0nty
  • 2004/4/6 14:37

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi Riaan,

just checked the censura program and yes that would be excellent if you could produce a module like that..

let me know when ur ready for testing..

cheers

Vaughan

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/6 20:11

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Guys, over the next few days I will be stabilizing the myReview code to the point we can call it Beta and release it for testing. It will not have all the functionaly on the wishlist, but it will be stable and usable by the general public if we test it propperly. This will include different category trees, but still with the same rating criteria, Integration into the install framework of xoops, working with php global off, take out all hardcoded looky feely colours, NO php errors in debug mode, no SQL errors in debug mode, Comment block integration, most importantly the language files must work for the whole module (admin part and user part) and maybe some smaller things too.
After that I will be taking the most important features and adding them while trying to release a new beta of that code in 30 days (if only I didn't have to work for a living )
If you guys start drawing up the wishlist I will do my best to give you a stable working module.

Grotmis
Riaan

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits